Oriana X431. Christmas and New Year in Caribbean

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Oriana X431. Christmas and New Year in Caribbean

Post by Suekersh »

Anyone else on this cruise for a Caribbean Christmas and New Year?

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Oriana X431. Christmas and New Year in Caribbean

Post by greenfish187 »

Sue
It's not too late to swap onto azura go on you know you want to :lol:
Terry

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Terry you are so bad. If I had my way we would have swapped last January. The deed is done and the balance is paid. Still researching the ports. We are in Barbados New Years Day so no chance of getting my favourite Rum from the duty free on the port.

Think we are going to head for the Marine Park. Doubt it will be open but at least I will get some snorkelling in. May take a freezer bag and some beer with us in case nothing is open.

St Lucia we are undecided between Choc Beach or Pigeon Point which is quite a journey from the port.

Antigua thought we would try Valley Church Beach and in Tortolla I have booked a Snorkeling trip.

All of the forums are quiet for this cruise and the price has just dropped considerably. We have booked Sorentos for NYE with some people we met on the World cruise so there will be 8 of us which should be fun. Love to Macey. Big girl Dow in the juniors. Amelia is loving it. We are going to theirs for lunch today.

Sue x

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Sue, we have been in Barbados on New Years day and whilst there was nothing open in the town ( it was like a ghost town ) all the shops at the port were open so you shouldn't have a problem getting your favourite Rum, I seem to think they closed earlier though.

We love to do the catamaran trip in Barbados but on this occasion we booked then cancelled as we didn't fancy an early start after NYE .. I much prefer a sea day after the nights celebrations.
Jo

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Suekersh wrote:
Terry you are so bad. If I had my way we would have swapped last January. The deed is done and the balance is paid. Still researching the ports. We are in Barbados New Years Day so no chance of getting my favourite Rum from the duty free on the port.

Think we are going to head for the Marine Park. Doubt it will be open but at least I will get some snorkelling in. May take a freezer bag and some beer with us in case nothing is open.

St Lucia we are undecided between Choc Beach or Pigeon Point which is quite a journey from the port.

Antigua thought we would try Valley Church Beach and in Tortolla I have booked a Snorkeling trip.

All of the forums are quiet for this cruise and the price has just dropped considerably. We have booked Sorentos for NYE with some people we met on the World cruise so there will be 8 of us which should be fun. Love to Macey. Big girl Dow in the juniors. Amelia is loving it. We are going to theirs for lunch today.

Sue x
Hi Sue,

We met you and Graham there on Boxing Day a couple of years ago, the port shops were open that day.

greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Hi Sue
Hope you had a nice lunch
Macy is getting an isla bike for her birthday/xmas as santa can't take all the presents on the ship and the bikes not cheap.
We are going to the new forest for the weekend for her birthday cycling.

In st lucia we have a trip booked tentatively to pigeon island if he gets the numbers

Antigua Valley church or Sting ray city,i flew with someone who has recently been to s/r/city and said it was good.

Tortola we have booked with aristocat again though we need 10 people and i have posted on c/c but had no one interested

Grand Turk we have chartered a boat for 4 hours to snorkel the wall and gibbs cay and another snorkel site with Ruth (housie )and 2 of her friends and Karen and h (gymbod).

We had 4 ports swapped around on our cruise now the firsy day is not a sea day but st lucia.

I am naughty but nice lol

love terry

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Sue, we have been in Barbados on New Years day and whilst there was nothing open in the town ( it was like a ghost town ) all the shops at the port were open so you shouldn't have a problem getting your favourite Rum, I seem to think they closed earlier though.

We love to do the catamaran trip in Barbados but on this occasion we booked then cancelled as we didn't fancy an early start after NYE .. I much prefer a sea day after the nights celebrations.

Thanks for that DQ. I also would prefer a sea day after NYE. We may not get much further than the Port shops then and the local beach. Save the a Marine Park for March.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Just to let you know that Derek Kane has just posted on P&O Facebook that he and Mrs Monocled Mutineer will be sailing on Oriana for the 24 night Christmas cruise and he hopes to meet up with old CC'ers :thumbup:
Janis

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Jan,
Thanks for that info. Did he post in one of the group ps or on his own timeline. I have necpver met Derek but do remember him fron the P & O site. I think he used to post on here for a while last year.

Sue

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Sue - Derek wrote on the "posts to pages" section of P&O Facebook - he disappeared from this site some time ago didn't he - I have never met him either but understand he is good company - loves his karaoke :roll:
Janis

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Hi Sue - Derek wrote on the "posts to pages" section of P&O Facebook - he disappeared from this site some time ago didn't he - I have never met him either but understand he is good company - loves his karaoke :roll:
He definately does like his karaoke and he is very funny, but does only seem to know two songs..... We met him on Ventura's grand event cruise.... A real extrovert and character :crazy:
Jenni

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Dereks post on P & O facebook page came through on my timeline. I have responded to his post.
Not many posts about this cruise on any of the forums. The balconies and above are now sold out so it is filling up.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oriana”