Cruise reports

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Cruise reports

Post by Jan Rosser »

Is anyone else out there suffering from not being able to see cruise reports from the many voyagers out there particularly the worldies. I love to follow the adventures of the people cruising while I'm here at home in windy Wales - I would love to know how the Oceana cruise to the Caribbean is going as I was on it last January/February. The Aurora worldies had a wonderful thread going before they left and it would be interesting to know how they are all getting on. Anyone got any news?
Janis

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Cruise reports

Post by Kendhni »

Yes ... I have really missed them this year ... especially after the fantastic crop from last year

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I miss the World Cruise reports as well.
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I certainly do as we were supposed to be on Adonia in a weeks time in South America, had hoped to follow Rio to Valparaiso through the eyes of others.

Hey ho .... :(
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

I was really looking forward to reading about the Aurora world cruise as I'd been following the thread on the P&O site & everyone was getting really excited ... pity we can't follow their adventures :(

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Manoverboard wrote:
I certainly do as we were supposed to be on Adonia in a weeks time in South America, had hoped to follow Rio to Valparaiso through the eyes of others.

Hey ho .... :(
We'd looked at that leg too MoB but the dates didn't quite fit & we'd already booked for Azura in April, glad we hadn't booked it now after the itinerary change ;)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Wina G wrote:
We'd looked at that leg too MoB but the dates didn't quite fit & we'd already booked for Azura in April, glad we hadn't booked it now after the itinerary change ;)
I do remember how keen you were ... until I said we were going ... :( :shock: :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Have to say I haven't missed them, because the idea of a World Cruise would appall me. Far too long away from home. :shock:

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I really miss reading the reports too. I shall also miss posting when we are on Azura in March. I enjoy telling everyone what is happening on board. I'm not taking my lap top as it's too heavy so unless P&O amazingly get the forum sorted out I won't be posting. Even with my laptop I would only have been able to post if I could find a hot spot ashore.

Carole

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Another one missing them here.

I was hoping to keep up with the exploits of HK and others on Oceana, but we've had to make do with watching the webcams.

The Arcadia cruise looks to have had some interesting weather and sea conditions lately. Again, it's a shame that we've not been able to keep up to date with people's exeriences.

christineb
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by christineb »

I was hoping to hear from Adonia before we join her in Rio, was also going to try and blog! though Im not up to last years standards! Has anyone heared anything from Adonia? Belated thanks to David for this site , I was missing Pand O site :!:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Yes, I miss the blogs and other reports from the ships as well.

When we were hearing from people on board, it made me feel more connected to P & O
Gill

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

I was looking forward to reading how people got on on the Oceana New Year's cruise, 29th December to 2nd January. We're booked on Oceana for New Year 2013 but have heard that Oceana spent 3 days bobbing about in the North Sea/English Channel because she could not dock in Amsterdam. If anyone was on the 2012 cruise could they let me know what they thought? Should we keep our booking or try and change it to another cruise?

Many thanks

Lynda

NikkiP
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by NikkiP »

I was on the Oceana New year cruise - and had a ball!

I had a lovely day in Bruges - I went in on the train and it was as easy to do it myself as everyone said it would be.

Then we had two sea days because of missing Amsterdam. There was plenty going on during the day - the usual quizzes, bingo, etc, and the evening entertainment was good, especially the Freddie Mercury tribute who was excellent.

I tried freedom dining for the first time, met lots of very nice people and the food was excellent. The various venues had something for everyone on New Year's Eve and almost everybody I spoke to enjoyed themselves.

I didn't find it particularly rough but I met some people who did.

I am hoping to repeat the same 4 nighter this December.

Nikki

jay-ell71
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jay-ell71 »

We have a friend on Adonia. He does not post, or e mail or text, and I was hoping to follow his progress through some one else who might send a report on the forum. We have received one e- mail from our friend however, it read something like, "Amazon interesting, Adonia very friendly, hope you are well" !!!! Sorry, that is the best I can offer. :roll: He is returning to the UK next weekend. Maybe I can report on his experience ;) Jay
Jay

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Definitely missing them. And as others have said the Aurora thread was so good I was eager to hear what they thought having done virtually the same route.

Lioness you don't know what you are missing, it's great. But then not everyone likes to be away so long, for us the longer the better.

I have been looking at the at webcams of when they are in port. It's really strange not being on there at the moment.

We're off on Oceana in mid March and I hope to do a blog. I have an iPad and so I can write it up and then just quickly send it when connected.

Mel

Jacknian
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jacknian »

It is such a shame that we can't follow the adventures of all those on cruises, I really enjoy reading them. Agree with lioness, I love the idea of a world cruise but don't think I could actually be away that long , I would miss my children and grandchildren and my dog too much. There must be lots of practical problems too, what do you do about bills that need paying ? and you must need so much luggage ! Still it must be such an amazing experience, I've read ' around the world without wings ' by a passenger on a world cruise and loved it, maybe I might think about doing a sector of a world cruise to start with.

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Jacknian

Have been reading that book as well and since I was on it it makes for interesting reading since no two people have the same experience. That cruise certainly had its fair share of adventures in ways we would never have imagined or could even make up.
If being away so long does not appeal then do try a sector, from I have seen over the past world cruises that the numbers of people doing sectors has increased. As to what do you do with paying bills, well careful planning and with the Internet you can set up payments in advance using standing orders. Since we turn off all appliances, turn off water there should be anything running to incur cost. In the last few weeks leading up to the end of the cruise we have a neighbour or relative go in and switch the heating on low. We have emails and alerts from banks etc to keep tabs on things.
So go on book that sector.

Mel

Jackie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jackie »

I am missing the posts from the ships especially Aurora! I am joining Aurora in less than 2 weeks and was looking forward to reading their posts as I'd enjoyed the build up to the cruise. I did a worldie on Oriana in 2009 and loved every minute! I went alone so was nervous to begin but it was brilliant! Pay all bills by Direct Debit and covered the house insurance by my son coming to stay for a couple of week ends . All was fine! Now I have grandchildren so it's a sector for me as I don't want to be away too long but one day maybe....!

sunsetsail2night
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by sunsetsail2night »

I was very disappointed that my postings from the Oceana ceased after only a few days into the cruise. Every day I checked to see if the Community site was back on, I had so much I wanted to report. Our lovely Italian Captain started each day with his amusing messages. If you did read my message about the man who did his jig-saw in the Plaza - he was put off the ship in Madeira - his behaviour had got more bizarre and turned offensive. There were many other happenings I know many of you would have been interested to hear about.

I, too, miss the cruise reports.

Brenda

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise Brenda - I so wanted to hear how the cruise was going having been on it last year with you. Sounds as if the captain kept you amused - perhaps you could give us some short reports of some of your experiences - I'd love to hear more.
Janis

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I suppose I have to agree with Lioness that doing a Worldie is 'far too long away from home'. However our main reason for not wanting to go on a Worldie is that there are some places/countries we have already been too ....... and currently wish to avoid returning. :shh:

It would nevertheless have been very interesting to read how other people got on with visiting such places whilst on a Worldie.

Oh well - it will just have to be Worldie sectors for us then.

Em :)

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

sunsetsail2night wrote:
If you did read my message about the man who did his jig-saw in the Plaza - he was put off the ship in Madeira - his behaviour had got more bizarre and turned offensive. There were many other happenings I know many of you would have been interested to hear about.
Brenda
Brenda, perhaps you could do a belated cruise report? I for one would love to read it :D

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Brenda, I too would love to read a report if you get time to post it ... especially to find out more about jigsaw man.

jay-ell71
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jay-ell71 »

Come on Brenda, write us a report!!!! We'd all love to hear about the jigsaw man. ;) Jay
Jay

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”