Thanks for your pictures QBob :D

(She's a big girl, isn't she)
Gill

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: On Her Way

Post by towny44 »

QBob, According to Wikipedia she is currently registered in Southampton but I had seen on one of the ships location websites that she was to be registered in Hamilton Bermuda like all the others; indeed Azura was initially registered in Southampton then changed almost immediately.
So possibly she will need repainting before the maiden cruise.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Perhaps "Southampton" is on a tear-off strip with Hamilton underneath ?!

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

towny44 wrote:
QBob, According to Wikipedia she is currently registered in Southampton but I had seen on one of the ships location websites that she was to be registered in Hamilton Bermuda like all the others; indeed Azura was initially registered in Southampton then changed almost immediately.
So possibly she will need repainting before the maiden cruise.
That's true. I suppose there has to be a registration port on the stern whilst the ship is at sea.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I'm sure there must be a good reason why it is registered in Southampton.

I was of the understanding that when P&O re-registered their ships in Bermuda a few years ago it was to allow 'Weddings' to take place, as far as I'm aware there will be no weddings on board initially so I expect eventually it will be re-registered to allow this to happen.
Jo

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Hmm - a bit undecided about this ship. She looked a bit bulky and clumsy when turning off of Cowes sea front - definitely a floating block of flats BUT I'm sure we will eventually give her a try. We got used to Ventura and would happily go back on there again, so once all the hype is over we will see what happens with Britannia.

Have a great holiday all those due to sail on her over the next few months. I look forward to reading your reviews and opinions, good or bad.

Maureen.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I agree with Maureen that from ashore she looks very bulky and unattractive, but I thought the internal shots looked very nice. I'm sure those about to cruise on her will have a great time.
Gill

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Our last cruise was on Adonia and we really enjoyed being on a small ship. We didn't think we would be to bothered about going on anything bigger after Azura or Ventura but looking at the pictures I think we may give her a go later in the year just to be nosey....

RB

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

As a ship anorak I do think that Britannia is a lot better looking than either Ventura or Azura. Nice that Meridian Tv beat the (Politics obsessed) BBC with a report, film, and interview with Paul Brown yesterday evening. Although I have said we will not cruise on these big ships I do find this one tempting. We may go down to see her over the weekend.

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Kenmo1 wrote:
Hmm - a bit undecided about this ship. She looked a bit bulky and clumsy when turning off of Cowes sea front - definitely a floating block of flats BUT I'm sure we will eventually give her a try. We got used to Ventura and would happily go back on there again, so once all the hype is over we will see what happens with Britannia.

Have a great holiday all those due to sail on her over the next few months. I look forward to reading your reviews and opinions, good or bad.

Maureen.
Aaah, Cowes sea front. My favourite place on earth Maureen.

Return to “About Britannia”