Insure to cruise

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
April1965
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Insure to cruise

Post by April1965 »

Has anyone used this company for their insurance? It is the one that P&O recommend on their website. As P&O recommend them I assume they are quite good. I have alot of medical issues and they will cover me. I just wondered if anyone could recommend them, or not.

JohnTheDog
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Insure to cruise

Post by JohnTheDog »

Can of worms I think...just because P&O recommend them it doesn't mean they are good, I expect people with experience of insurance problems will be along soon.
There is another thread about insurance on the page..

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

April you may also find something useful in this thread

Lynn S
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Lynn S »

April, we use Fish Insurance - my husband is paralysed (spinal cord injury) and they cover him no problem, with carer cover for me as well. Can highly recommend them.

Lynn

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I was looking around for new insurance last year when my current company told me that the annual premium to include Worldwide cover (you need that for the Caribbean) was increasing vastly. I went to various sites - I have a couple of health issues - and to my amazement the cheapest I could find - nearly £100 cheaper than my original company - was Saga. Worthwhile trying them and they have a really good website. I was able to take out the policy including cover for my health issues, without having to phone anyone.

Carole

Greenie Mike
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Greenie Mike »

Don't Saga have an age limit?

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

It's almosy impossible to recommend an insurace company. CaroleF was lucy to find Saga cheaper but for us the quote from them was double what we eventually paid. We went to the website for the condition my OH has and we were able to get quotes from the insurance companies shown on that website as covering his illness. Of course you can always declare your condition and have it exluded from the policy. It's a huge risk tho' and not something I'd recommend.

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Yes, our quote from Saga was mega money - we did much better with Insure&Go.

JillD66
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by JillD66 »

My OH was a civil servant and their recent "Pensioner" magazine the other day advertised a new holiday insurance scheme which starts in April 2013.

I havent looked in great detail but noted that you have to be under 85 to start in the scheme but once joined there is no age limit. Annual premium is £185 married/partner and £135 single.

I did note there was no limit on the number of any overseas journeys during the insured period - downside for any going on a world cruise - any single trip can last for up to 65 days!

At present, we use our bank account travel insurance but once we're over 70, we'll have to find another provider.

Anne D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Anne D »

I have had a bad experience with Saga {although that was for buildings insurance}.

Our present annual holiday insurance is with Liverpool and Victoria and we are very happy with them . Last year my husband had to have medical treatment on ship and the bill came to £325.00. Because this was less than £500.00 I was able to claim on return of the cruise by phone.
I only had to describe fully the circumstances and they agreed to pay the full amount less the £50.00 excess and the balance of £275 was paid directly into our bank account within 3 days . They didnt want to see the receipts but told me to hold onto them in case it was necessary later.

We have been insured with Liverrpool and Victoria for 3 years now and originally purchased over the internet.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”