Freedom dining restaurants

Discussions about anything related to Britannia

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Freedom dining restaurants

Post by allatc »

Although we generally choose to go on a table for 6 or 8 I'm interested to know if Britannia has many tables for two in the Freedom dining restaurant(s)

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Freedom dining restaurants

Post by towny44 »

Britannia does have some tables for 2 in freedom, but not too many, I remember seeing a banquette area towards the back of the restaurant which looked about the size of a table for 10, but had 4 tables for 2 all close together.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

And if by chance one of the seats for the table for two setup is a soft bench seat against the wall which you sink into making it just about possible to see your cutlery, don't be afraid to ask for a cushion.

I had this happen on Azura in one of the freedom dining resturants. I asked for a cushion and one very smart cushion was promptly provided. You should have seen the surprised looks from the other tables nearby. You could see from the faces they were thinking "why didn't i think of that".

As the saying goes, if you don't ask you don't get :thumbup:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

There are various tables for 2 dotted around the restaurants, but the majority are close to other tables

I think P&O have caught on that people like tables for 2, so they are shoehorning more into the restaurants.

Generally, you can't have private, intimate conversations with your companion, but they are fine if you want to eat at your own pace, and sometimes you end up chatting to people on adjacent tables, other times you don't.
Gill

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Hang onto your table cloth as well if some lard ar*se gets up to leave next to you. This happened to us on our last cruise to great amusement of a lady at another table who could see what was unfolding, literally. It was like that table cloth trick but in slow motion. Fortunately I saw what was happening in time and grabbed hold of the cloth before the lot went south.

The lady in question was totally oblivious :roll:

Return to “About Britannia”