Countdown to Melsea's Ventura Adventures....1

Reports about cruises on Ventura

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Countdown to Melsea's Ventura Adventures....1

Post by melsea »

Countdown to Melsea's Ventura Adventures....

Our up and coming cruise to the Canaries is fast approaching with just 21 sleeps to go. A couple of days ago we had our cabin allocated, we went for guarantee, and since it will be my birthday while on Ventura my lovely husband paid a little extra for us to have a Balcony Cabin so when we got our allocation we have been given a cabin two grades up of what we paid, woo hoo which is very nice, it appears to be in a not too bad a spot. I will let you know how that turns out.
I am being way too organised at the moment I have already gone through my wardrobe of clothes and have listed what I will take and what will go with what including accessories like my bags, jewellery and not forgetting the shoes. I'll let you into a secret. While on the our World Cruise I wrote down what I wore on each dress code night and what I put with it. I did this mainly to see what I did wear to what I didn't wear which has bizarrely made my list of what I shall take on this coming cruise so much easier as according to our cruise personaliser we will have 4 'Black Tie' nights and 10 'Evening Casual' nights.
I have printed our travel packing list, one for me and one for Bill, Bill does his own packing and I do mine. I will probably get the cases down next week and start to put things into it. Bill will have his the week before, he doesn't have much, men don't do they? Although on the longer cruises he has taken rather a lot of shirts. My only problem now is the day clothes as I do have a tendency to take more than I will wear, so I shall lay out what I think I want to take and halve it.
So folks, if interested or even if you are not I shall let you know what happens...
Toodle pip...

Ps I am,we are tad excited too we always are when we are going on a cruise!!!..

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Countdown to Melsea's Ventura Adventures....1

Post by Happydays »

I agree with you:) It doesn't matter where your going on a cruise, I think it's exciting as well!! Our next cruise is in January about 12 weeks not that I'm counting.......
Have a great time and I look forward to reading your posts.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Countdown to Melsea's Ventura Adventures....1

Post by Suekersh »

I also have a spread sheet with my cruise clothes and accessories. It makes packing so much easier.
We always get excited for each cruise no matter how many we do.
Just back from Arcadia and next one in 10 weeks. Packing list has commenced. I just copy and paste from my main spread sheet to suit the number of nights for each dress code.

Have a great cruise Melsea and looking forward to reading all about it.

Sue

Return to “Ventura Cruise Reports”