Anything to do with river cruising

Topic author
gerdfe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: where to start

Post by gerdfe »

Hi guys

For some reason I cannot start a new topic so I will put my question here...

My wife and I are going to be in Vienna for 4 days at the beginning of November. We were wanting to do a day cruise down the Danube(found a good offer at https://www.riuscruises.com/), possibly going to Melk and Kremes. We would also like to sample the local wine in Dernstein. Can this be done in the same day? Our hotel is in Vienna, so we would have to travel back there at some point in the evening.
Would it be easiest to train to Melk then cruise to Krems followed by training back to Vienna in the evening?

Help with transportation suggestions if this is possible would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

I can't help with your question Gerdfe, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

It's been a bit quiet here lately, so don't be too concerned that no-one has responded to your query, I'm sure someone will be along soon.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

From October onwards there will be coach trips heading out of Vienna to the surrounding villages where one can get legless sampling the ' young wine '. It won't win any prizes but it's a good fun night out.

However this trip may suit your purposes ...

http://www.viator.com/tours/Vienna/Wach ... 43BOUTIQUE

ps .... hello and welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
gerdfe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Help requested for a visit to Vienna

Post by gerdfe »

Hi guys

thank you for the warm welcome messages. @Manoverboard - very nice, will look into it, seems legit :)

Return to “River Cruising”