The Children's Off Topic Thread

Keep all games together

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: The Children's Off Topic Thread

Post by qbman1 »

Most of them seemed to have taken their mums along.....and they were the worst behaved of the lot !!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Jan Rosser wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Oh yes, and be careful with Oriana Blod - I want her in pristine condition for Christmas !
Can't do much damage in a week :lolno:
You're Welsh, Blod, you can do anything ! Anyways, after seeing those hen parties on a 3-nighter.......!!
I've never been on a hen night or weekend (they hadn't been invented in my day) :sarcasm:
That's really going back :sarcasm:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I can just see them all in their crinoline dresses, out on the lash in the pink stretch horse and carriage !!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Just composing a 3-page whinge to P&O (true Goldie stuff !). We had "essential maintenance" going on right under our cabin all last week. It was tolerable until Friday when the banging, drilling and vibration was unbearable. About 10 cabins around us were rioting all afternoon !

I know they have to do maintenance but no one had bothered to give us advance notification (apparently even reception and housekeeping were not told it would be happening). Had we known, we could have made other arrangements and accepted it. In the event, no senior officer could be bothered to speak to us or even offer an apology and they deputy captain reputedly said "they will just have to put up with it - it will end when we sail"!

And no, it's not about compo(although we did accept a tidy sum off our on-board account) but they just need to learn a bit of good old fashioned customer service.
Are you feeling alright qb....Of course it's about compo otherwise what's the point of a whinge, and hopefully getting standards improved. Hit'm where it hurts, in the old compo pocket.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Stephen wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:

Can't do much damage in a week :lolno:
You're Welsh, Blod, you can do anything ! Anyways, after seeing those hen parties on a 3-nighter.......!!
I've never been on a hen night or weekend (they hadn't been invented in my day) :sarcasm:
You are so right Stephen - it would have been my 48th wedding anniversary next month had my dear husband been here and I remember his stag night so well - they put a ball and chain on him :crazy:
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
I can just see them all in their crinoline dresses, out on the lash in the pink stretch horse and carriage !!

.......with a muffler and shawl over the legs while the flicker of the candle in the carriage lamps bounce off the pearls and tiara :D

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
You are so right Stephen - it would have been my 48th wedding anniversary next month had my dear husband been here and I remember his stag night so well - they put a ball and chain on him :crazy:

Don't you mean they put his balls on a chain :lol:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:

Isn't that called "marriage" ?!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Just composing a 3-page whinge to P&O (true Goldie stuff !). We had "essential maintenance" going on right under our cabin all last week. It was tolerable until Friday when the banging, drilling and vibration was unbearable. About 10 cabins around us were rioting all afternoon !

I know they have to do maintenance but no one had bothered to give us advance notification (apparently even reception and housekeeping were not told it would be happening). Had we known, we could have made other arrangements and accepted it. In the event, no senior officer could be bothered to speak to us or even offer an apology and they deputy captain reputedly said "they will just have to put up with it - it will end when we sail"!

And no, it's not about compo(although we did accept a tidy sum off our on-board account) but they just need to learn a bit of good old fashioned customer service.
Are you feeling alright qb....Of course it's about compo otherwise what's the point of a whinge, and hopefully getting standards improved. Hit'm where it hurts, in the old compo pocket.
OK, I'll add a bit about the cabin steward badgering us about his tips - that might top up the compo pot !!

Oh. and the lav was blocked at least 5 times in 10 days - would it help if I included that too ?

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

They might charge you a call out fee for unblocking it

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Apparently "zone 4" on Aurora is notorious for it. If they know that, you would think they would get it sorted. And no, the "essential maintenance" had nothing to do with the plumbing !

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Tell me which is zone 4? Or which cabin were you in? I need to decide whether to take a potty.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Deck C midships, starboard - we were in C239. Better take a bucket. It was out of action for 6 or 7 hours on two occasions.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I will! We're in C225. That's only 6 cabins away. Hope our poo goes the other way.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Sorry, but the feller either in that cabin or the one next door was affected even worse than we were ! You may even have the same steward - a nice lad called Sachin. You will be able to have endless in-depth discussions with him about tips !!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

OK, I'll add a bit about the cabin steward badgering us about his tips - that might top up the compo pot !!

Oh. and the lav was blocked at least 5 times in 10 days - would it help if I included that too ?
Lay it on a bit thicker than that. Wasn't you're life ruined because of it. It's gotta be a phone call to lawyers4you at the very least :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Isn't that called "marriage" ?!
Thinking about it :!: ........you're right.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Apparently "zone 4" on Aurora is notorious for it. If they know that, you would think they would get it sorted. And no, the "essential maintenance" had nothing to do with the plumbing !

Sounds like you've really screwed the ship up for our cruise on her in a couple of months time. Thanks pal :thumbdown:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I will! We're in C225. That's only 6 cabins away. Hope our poo goes the other way.

As long as it don't travel upwards I don't care. We're in B220 :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Sorry, but the feller either in that cabin or the one next door was affected even worse than we were ! You may even have the same steward - a nice lad called Sachin. You will be able to have endless in-depth discussions with him about tips !!

Shouldn't take long. Just tell him to p... off

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

Lay it on a bit thicker than that. Wasn't you're life ruined because of it. It's gotta be a phone call to lawyers4you at the very least :)
Thanks for that - I've added another paragraph

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:

I'm sure Merv's is lighter than air !

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:

I'm sure Merv's is lighter than air !
Isn't that called bull ...t :D

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Stephen wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:

Which cruise Stephen?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

You tell me yours first

Return to “Games”