P&O Admin are a Joke

Topics relating to P&O

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: P&O Admin are a Joke

Post by qbman1 »

Just had this reply to my comment, posted on Twaddle:

"We’re sorry for any confusion this may have caused. This was a mistake & your payment will be due 90 days before departure."

Egg on face or what ?!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Well I've not had an apology from Cunard so now I want double compo

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Quite right, you're entitled

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

qbman1 wrote:
To be fair, it was really a notification about their new online payment system but some bright spark included the wording about "Your outstanding balance is due over the next couple of days" which went to everyone. I suspect it is more a case of a numpty not proof-reading properly rather than an IT glitch as such. Still, it had that nice Mr Edgington's name at the end so the buck goes all the way home !
I've had the email and the apology from P&O.

Really, this should have been a positive situation, to advise that we can now pay for our cruises online. But Carnival have the habit of scoring own goals :crazy:
Gill

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Afraid all these companies employ the cheapest chimps they can find and they just don't care enough to get the simplest things right !

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Gill W wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
To be fair, it was really a notification about their new online payment system but some bright spark included the wording about "Your outstanding balance is due over the next couple of days" which went to everyone. I suspect it is more a case of a numpty not proof-reading properly rather than an IT glitch as such. Still, it had that nice Mr Edgington's name at the end so the buck goes all the way home !
I've had the email and the apology from P&O.

Really, this should have been a positive situation, to advise that we can now pay for our cruises online. But Carnival have the habit of scoring own goals :crazy:
and people won't risk it because of occurrences like that make them worry about hackers
Meg
x

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Meg 50 wrote:
and people won't risk it because of occurrences like that make them worry about hackers
Oh meg! Why did you say that. I thought what a good idea. I can pay online how easy that will be and now you've put doubt in my mind. :think:

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Raybosailor wrote:
Oh dear and I've already put all of Cheryl's Christmas presents on ebay to raise the cash.

I don't seem to have much luck with P&O, first the cock up with my Arcadia cruise balance then the breakdown of Azura cutting our cruise by two days, I thought Christmas on Oceana might be third time lucky but ???

No such luck at all as we have booked this cruise as well.

So it looks like a double whammy 8-) 8-) 8-)

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

emjay45 wrote:
Meg 50 wrote:
Oh meg! Why did you say that. I thought what a good idea. I can pay online how easy that will be and now you've put doubt in my mind. :think:
I'm sure it's ok as long as there's a https or whatever in the page - to ensure it is secure
Meg
x

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

daib GC wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:
Oh dear and I've already put all of Cheryl's Christmas presents on ebay to raise the cash.

I don't seem to have much luck with P&O, first the cock up with my Arcadia cruise balance then the breakdown of Azura cutting our cruise by two days, I thought Christmas on Oceana might be third time lucky but ???

Dai its you your'e a jinx on me, you were on Arcadia with us and now Oceana next Christmas I'm going to rename you Jonah lol.

Only joking mate we will have to have a drink together onboard, I recieved a phone call from P&O last night and although I gave him both barrels (Stephen) the young man was very apologetic and polite. But sorry guys there doesn't seem to be any compo on the horizon.

Although I'm sure the glitch didn't cause too many worries to people with distant cruises like us but what if someone with a cruise within say 120 days got this message and were relying on the remaining month to pay their bill. That might cause concern to someone on a tight budget and relying on paying their bill after Christmas.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Raybosailor wrote:
daib GC wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:

Dai its you your'e a jinx on me, you were on Arcadia with us and now Oceana next Christmas I'm going to rename you Jonah lol.

Only joking mate we will have to have a drink together onboard, I recieved a phone call from P&O last night and although I gave him both barrels (Stephen) the young man was very apologetic and polite. But sorry guys there doesn't seem to be any compo on the horizon.

Although I'm sure the glitch didn't cause too many worries to people with distant cruises like us but what if someone with a cruise within say 120 days got this message and were relying on the remaining month to pay their bill. That might cause concern to someone on a tight budget and relying on paying their bill after Christmas.

I will be at the bar in Winners from about 7.00 most, errrr every night. 8-)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
I knew that nice Mr Edgington would sort it all out - just received this:

Important information regarding your cruise

You will have received an email from us yesterday telling you all about our new online balance payment facility. Unfortunately, this also told you that your balance is due and asked for payment.

This was in fact a mistake - your balance is not due now but will be due 90 days before departure.

We are so sorry for any confusion that the email may have caused.

Have a very Happy Christmas!

Kind regards
Christopher Edgington
Director, P&O Cruises

As he is so apologetic, I am sure my compo is but a mere formality!!

Probably in the form of £1.50 OBC :)

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I'm not expecting anything as generous as that !!

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

qbman1 wrote:

You will have received an email from us yesterday telling you all about our new online balance payment facility. Unfortunately, this also told you that your balance is due and asked for payment.

This was in fact a mistake - your balance is not due now but will be due 90 days before departure.

We are so sorry for any confusion that the email mayhave caused.

Kind regards
Christopher Edgington
Director, P&O Cruises

As he is so apologetic, I am sure my compo is but a mere formality !!
By saying "any" and "may", they are not acknowledging that confusion (and possibly some distress) has been caused and, as such, is not a proper apology.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray Scully »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

Kind regards
Christopher Edgington
Director, P&O Cruises

By saying "any" and "may", they are not acknowledging that confusion (and possibly some distress) has been caused and, as such, is not a proper apology.

Thought £50.00 OBC would have been appropriate considering the distress caused. Thank goodness no one from P&O admin is allowed to 'drive' the ship

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

So you've not heard about the new multi-tasking initiative then?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

Kind regards
Christopher Edgington
Director, P&O Cruises

I'll get Merv to have a word - they're on first name terms now, tha' knows !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Edgers has promised me he'll see me right in the Posh Club Portunus Peninsular revamp, so clearly he's okay. :thumbup:

Return to “P&O”