Caribbean Princess

Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Caribbean Princess

Post by rita17 »

Well, after saying I didn't think I'd like big ships I've gone and done it. Hope I don't regret it.

Have booked a Round the British Isles cruise in May. It's an itinerary I've always thought about doing and the price was right.

Our ports are Guernsey, Cobh, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Greenock, Invergordon, Edinburgh and Le Harvre.

Any hint and tips would be appreciated.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Caribbean Princess

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Rita - I did this itinerary on Ruby Princess in July 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed it - have a look at my review. I hadn't been on Princess for many years but since that cruise on Ruby have been on several more - booked Emerald for August to the Fjords and North Cape. I did the Round Britain because there were places in this country I hadn't visited and have to say it was one of my favourite cruises - we did a lot of the sightseeing ourselves as we felt more confident in our own country and were more familiar with buses, trains etc. Have a great time - be interested to hear how you find it.
Janis

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Caribbean Princess

Post by rita17 »

Hi Jan, thank you for pointing me in the direction of your review, really enjoyed reading it. We have been put on Platinum Level as a result of our P & 0 Cruises. It was good to hear what you did at each port as we're just deciding what to do. Liverpool is easy. We were there last year when the three queens were visiting and enjoyed what we saw and said we'd go back at some point. Little did we realise we would be there again a year to the day. The only other ports we've visited are Dublin and Greenock. We've enqired about hiring a car in Invergordon to tour Loch Ness etc. Have been quoted £70 for the day which seems quite good. The car would be delivered to the dockside for us to pick up. Have yet to decide.

Return to “Princess”