Eye in the Sky

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Eye in the Sky

Post by oldbluefox »

Went to see Eye in the Sky this afternoon and really enjoyed it. As one who is notorious for dozing off through a film this one held my attention throughout and is quite thought provoking balancing the need for action against the need to reduce collateral damage, and the needs of the military vying with the conscience of the politicians.
Helen Mirren plays a very tough Colonel in the military who has spent years tracking down her quarry.
Not sure whether 'enjoyable' would be the right word to describe it but it does hold your attention and the storyline is gripping.
Highly recommended.

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Eye in the Sky

Post by wolfie »

I saw the preview when we went to the cinema recently and earmarked it, as, one to see. The reviews are also pretty good. Hopefully one for the diary next week. :relaxed:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi foxy....l've seen a trailer for this film and from the clip l watched l could see it was one of those films where the realities of war really do hit home.
I think its going to have to be one for the dvd collection as my wife tends to enjoy films that leave her with a smile on her face rather than leaving her with tears in her eyes.

Thanks for the :thumbup: up on this one foxy.

Regards

Keith

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

You could always drop her off to see Jungle Book while you nip off to Eye in the Sky Keith. ;)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Watched the original Jungle Book on TV on Sunday. One of the classics that I remember seeing at the pictures when I was a boy. Definitely a keeper.

As for 'Eye in The Sky', I thought it was average, not one for the library though.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I must have been going around with me head up me jacksee as I haven't even heard of "Eye in the Sky" !

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”