Advice re Boarding

Topics that are specific to cruising

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Advice re Boarding

Post by wolfie »

stocktonmackem2 wrote:
I have a question regarding boarding. My husband is disabled and we use the assistance team. I am guessing we will be given a 3:30 time slot but as we are staying overnight in southampton I would imagine we will go to the terminal earlier than 3:30. I am not expecting to be on first and we are quite happy to wait but how does the assistance work ?

Assisted boarding is usually very speedy. It is limited only by the number of stewards assisting, BUT, as you will have registered as disabled, as will others who need assistance, then I'm sure that the cruise line will have taken numbers into account when staffing the terminal.

stocktonmackem2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Advice re Boarding

Post by stocktonmackem2 »

wolfie wrote:
stocktonmackem2 wrote:
I have a question regarding boarding. My husband is disabled and we use the assistance team. I am guessing we will be given a 3:30 time slot but as we are staying overnight in southampton I would imagine we will go to the terminal earlier than 3:30. I am not expecting to be on first and we are quite happy to wait but how does the assistance work ?

Assisted boarding is usually very speedy. It is limited only by the number of stewards assisting, BUT, as you will have registered as disabled, as will others who need assistance, then I'm sure that the cruise line will have taken numbers into account when staffing the terminal.
Thank you wolfie. You and David have put my mind at rest.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”