P&O Feedback Survey

Topics relating to P&O

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: P&O Feedback Survey

Post by Dark Knight »

Sorry Ray, I thought you were talking about Thomson cruises, not land based holidays, not really the same comparison
All I can say is that on all our all inclusive cruises, I have yet to see any problem caused by drunks over doing it on a Thomson ship
that can't be said for Azura, where on several occasions people were standing toe to toe drunkenly arguing or the 4 delightful women from Liverpool who fell about the bars and corridors most nights, schreeching like banshees or the person who was throwing up in the gents toilets after literally falling through the door onto the floor, I do believe Pando do not do all inclusive?
Sadly Ray , all inclusive holidays can be spoilt by people getting their monies worth but so can pay as you go holidays , as we witnessed on Azura but to tar everyone with the same brush, based on hearsay, rather than first hand knowledge is somewhat misleading
Nihil Obstat

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

qbman1 wrote:
That's probably the plan but I remember when they "amended" the Portunus Club, we were one cruise short of making Caribbean and they moved the goalposts which meant it took us another 2 years to gain promotion !!
That's what happened to us, and we now actually have the cruises booked which will take us to Caribou. So must be time to move the posts again.

What they used to do in the "good old days" of course, was halve your points if you didn't cruise for three years. It was when they removed that rule that the log jam started to appear.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

We had cruises booked when Portunus became Peninsular but that still didn't stop us missing the cut !

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

We move to Caribou on our cruise in 2 weeks time. We also lost out at the last change.
We don't book just because of the Peninsula discounts and what you've never had you never miss allegedly.

RB

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

We don't book just for Portunus either but it is annoying when they move the goalposts. If they do it again it would be very tempting to look more closely at Princess, which we enjoyed on our one trip, and where we are already top tier thanks mainly to our P&O cruises!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
I haven't received one of these either. Not sure they "value my opinion" any more after my latest goldie rant !!

I think the survey is only sent out to the ones they're trying to get rid of QB. ;)

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
I haven't received one of these either. Not sure they "value my opinion" any more after my latest goldie rant !!

I think the survey is only sent out to the ones they're trying to get rid of QB. ;)
Thanks Stephen

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Raybosailor wrote:
Stephen wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

Thanks Stephen
I'm sure mine is on its way as well Ray

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We don't book just for Portunus either but it is annoying when they move the goalposts. If they do it again it would be very tempting to look more closely at Princess, which we enjoyed on our one trip, and where we are already top tier thanks mainly to our P&O cruises!
I agree Merv, every little helps.. :P

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

And what do points make....

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

wolfie wrote:
I had the same e mail BUT couldn't get past page two. Must be something I said on page one! :shock:
All done now at a second attempt. It 's definitely summat to do with the loyalty aspect. ;) So, I saw it through the eyes of P&O, and answered in the same vein BUT not what they wanted to hear I presume.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

I still haven't had one...

do all those who have had one have no cruise booked?

We have a cruise booked for next year - just wondered if that was significant...
Meg
x

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Meg 50 wrote:
I still haven't had one...

do all those who have had one have no cruise booked?

We have a cruise booked for next year - just wondered if that was significant...
I got sent what appears to be the same survey from Cunard - as well as P&O - and have three booked so I don't think it's that.
Gill

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

We have two cruises booked so it's not that. Who knows how they decide.

Carole

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

May be just a random selection of customers ? Or there could be some other criteria - is everyone who has received one in a particular loyalty tier ?

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

We are in the lowest tier having only two cruises behind us and one to come and most of the loyalty benefits they were asking questions on do not apply to us anyway so the emails must have been sent randomly.

Captain shoreside
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Captain shoreside »

dark knight- if you dont want the traditional cruising ghen hobelsewhere. There are still a lot of people ghat like to hold on to standards

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

We haven't had the P&O survey but we did have one from Cunard after our recent trip, which was not about our voyage but more general. It covered issues such as what you expect of service, formality, etc. I had the impression it was a check on whether they had things about right rather than a precursor to radical change.

However, in P&O's case we do know they are thinking about tweaking the loyalty scheme so who knows in their case?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Captain shoreside wrote:
dark knight- if you dont want the traditional cruising ghen hobelsewhere. There are still a lot of people ghat like to hold on to standards
In fairness to Batty, he has.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We haven't had the P&O survey but we did have one from Cunard after our recent trip, which was not about our voyage but more general. It covered issues such as what you expect of service, formality, etc. I had the impression it was a check on whether they had things about right rather than a precursor to radical change.

However, in P&O's case we do know they are thinking about tweaking the loyalty scheme so who knows in their case?
It's your fault, Merv. If you hadn't made such a fuss about reaching Caribou, they probably wouldn't have bothered !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I swear they'll fix it so I never reach Caribou. Condemned to be Mediocre for ever!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I swear they'll fix it so I never reach Caribou. Condemned to be Mediocre for ever!
Not the most inspiring name for a loyalty tier, though !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

No. But I'll never reach Balti or Lithuanian

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

You'll have to curry favour to get there !

The Tinker
First Officer
First Officer

Post by The Tinker »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:

Haha same for us as well. I was quite excited when we were about to go 'silver' and that was taken away from us at the last post!

Mind you - do we really want to join Cubie's club? All they do is moan.

Return to “P&O”