Loyalty scheme review

Topics relating to P&O

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loyalty scheme review

Post by david63 »

Anyone heard any more about the possible changes?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

wolfie wrote:
Silver_Shiney wrote:
It's all well and good having a meal with the crew, or having internet time, free laundry whatever, but I would prefer to see special discounts on the fares, perhaps saver fares with the perks of select
:?
That'll never happen. P&O's problem, despite the moans, is they have an enormous number of loyal passengers. They have to change the scheme every few years to stop everyone having priority boarding! So anything with significant cash value would bankrupt them.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

GillD46 wrote:
Whatever they do will suit some and not others. The 10% discount we get with P&O is nice, but we generally get a decent amount of OBC so that negates the discount.

We really like the huge amount of internet time Cunard gives each of us, because we have sick relatives and need to keep in touch - but that doesn't suit others. Princess probably have the best out of the Carnival brands and we used the unlimited internet AND the daily laundry AND the mini bar set up a lot, but others don'tlike much of it.

The loyalty benefits don't influence us whatsoever, and at the end of the day, the beancounters will only offer what suits THEM!

Gill you mention the need to keep in touch with family - which mobile phone provider are you with? We've got a brilliant deal with 3, and a phone is so easy to slip in your pocket or handbag when you go ashore. If you are not already with 3, have a look at their website to get an idea of the countries where you get 'free' phone calls within your normal allowance for phone calls back to the UK.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

3 wouldn't work for us Em, there is only O2 coverage here. My daughter is with 3 and always complaining about her mobile not working when she's here. Thanks for thinking of it though.

I am registered for the O2 Europe deal which gives unlimited calls, texts and a generous data allowance - in Europe- for £1.99 a day. Except Albania - I ran up £40 that day!!!!!
Gill

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

I have just had another survey to complete, ostensibly about booking procedures with an emphasis on on-line booking. However there were a number of questions relating to dress code in the middle of it.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I've just had that email too. Yes it was mostly about booking online with P&O which we don't do. It did ask if you booked with a travel agent and then went on to ask if the service was satisfactory, if the agent was polite etc. They didn't ask which agent it was - so what good does it do them to know whether the unknown agent was polite? There were the usual questions tacked on at the end as Colin says - do you want a casual holiday or do you want to dress up - that sort of thing. I'm not sure how the answers re online booking would help them, other than to establish if you book online or not.

Carole

Return to “P&O”