First Officer
First Officer

Re: photo's of meals.

Post by suespud »

image.jpg
There you go... :D

With sliced runner beans too. :crazy:
More speed food :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Speed food........Beans on toast. Heinz of course :) :thumbup:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
We expect a photo then !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

suespud wrote:
image.jpg

That serving dish looks like our dog's bowl. Just saying.......

(p.s. Batty to clarify, we do take photos, we don't post them on Facecloth. So we're only a bit sad)

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
suespud wrote:
image.jpg

That serving dish looks like our dog's bowl. Just saying.......

(p.s. Batty to clarify, we do take photos, we don't post them on Facecloth. So we're only a bit sad)
You serve your dog food in a Denby dish :o :o

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
We expect a photo then !!
beans_on_toast430x3003.jpg
Happy now.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

A bit flatulent, but happy !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

She's a posh dog!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

GillD46 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
How long does it take to cook ' spiraled ' courgette / squash / carrot / sweet potato ... or is the main idea to eat them raw rather than as a pseudo pasta ?

:angel:
Courgetti takes less time than potato/carrots/squash I find. I toss them in a tiny bit of oil and roast for delicious veg. Coirgettes are very quick.

I also make fab salads with my spiralizer using cucumber/peppers/beetroot/carrots etc all spiralized together.
suespud wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
How long does it take to cook ' spiraled ' courgette / squash / carrot / sweet potato ... or is the main idea to eat them raw rather than as a pseudo pasta ?

:angel:
3 mins in microwave if you buy them ready made.
I make my own, so give them a quick stir fry to use instead of pasta.
I don't eat them raw.
The first time we became aware of spiral vege(s) was in M&S, butternut squash in this instance but we thought the volume was too great for a stir fry or a salad but a pack of suitable mixed vege could be an option. Doesn't your beetroot stain everything it comes into contact with ... ours does :lol:

I guess a stainless steel model is the way to go but at £40+ it seems like a rather expensive gadget but I may look for something cheaper to try out the concept.

:thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen's doing spiral baked beans !

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

MOB I paid £35 for my Mueller and as I use it at least five days a week I consider it worth the money. It's sturdy, grips the worktop well, is very easy to clean and neat.

Regarding the beetroot, if making a salad for us, I put it all in together and yes, it does stain everything else, but the taste, when mixed, is something else. However, if entertaining, I would serve the beetroot seperately.
Gill

Sarah62+
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Sarah62+ »

I can understand if it's a really WOW looking meal, and a work of art, but a Facebook friend of mine insists on putting practically every meal she cooks on Facebook. Why!

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

screwy wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
I'm not sure whether to call in the Apostrophe Police over this thread ?!

I don't think Photos should have an apostrophe as it is the plural of Photo, not a possessive.

Do I need to get out more ?

Yes, indeed I do !!
Never said i had any qualifications.....i am after all just a thick ,bullying knuckledragger....so we have been called..
No certificates for common sense.

not taken this personal...heehe. :thumbup:

Screwy, don't beat yourself up over your use of an apostrophe - there is a perfectly good argument for using one in this case. Photo is merely an abbreviation of photograph and the apostrophe indicates that one or more letter is missing as, for example in "don't" for do not.

Similar examples in everyday use (often wrongly!) - I'm and don't (both as used by Cubie above), there's, wasn't or even L'pool, S'hampton and many more.

So, get those knuckles off the ground and stick with your (not you're!) apostrophes :thumbup: :wave:

Well, qbman1, you started it! :relaxed:

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Dark Knight wrote:
like most of social media, taking pictures of food and posting them to anyone sad enough to comment is just another form of narcissism, just another way of bragging and boasting that you have something ,someone else doesn't, with the inference that they cannot afford what you are taking pictures of, be it food, cars, cabins on ships etc
a rather pathetic fad, which is perpetuated by those who think other people actually give a toss about what they are eating etc

I took several photos of the food served on board merely to show others the sort of standards they could expect if they were ever to book a cruise.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:
like most of social media, taking pictures of food and posting them to anyone sad enough to comment is just another form of narcissism, just another way of bragging and boasting that you have something ,someone else doesn't, with the inference that they cannot afford what you are taking pictures of, be it food, cars, cabins on ships etc
a rather pathetic fad, which is perpetuated by those who think other people actually give a toss about what they are eating etc

I took several photos of the food served on board merely to show others the sort of standards they could expect if they were ever to book a cruise.
You know there is another way of thinking about this...
If we are away somewhere posh...or eat at a posh place..and take pics and post them on fb to show our family/friends..it's not a case of of bragging at all, for me it's just saying..eeeeek!!!. Look at this..can you believe I'm doing this...or eating that.......???
I post posh bathrooms..cos between some friends,if we go and stay somewhere nice, the first question Is..what's the bathroom like? :lol:
When we went to Llangoed Hall..( very posh) the manager let me take pics of a few bathrooms...lol
I also posted pics of the 9 course taster menu...not to brag..but just to see if my friends could guess what it was !!!

So....DK whilst I accept that some may do just as you say....Not everyone does. :!:
Ohh and whilst in Tenerife..I posted a pic of me standing beside a very posh car..( no idea whist it was but hubby was impressed)

And another ohhh..I do however post pics of my first Mojito every time I go on holiday to tease my friends... :lol:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

kaymar wrote:
screwy wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
I'm not sure whether to call in the Apostrophe Police over this thread ?!

I don't think Photos should have an apostrophe as it is the plural of Photo, not a possessive.

Do I need to get out more ?

Yes, indeed I do !!
Never said i had any qualifications.....i am after all just a thick ,bullying knuckledragger....so we have been called..
No certificates for common sense.

not taken this personal...heehe. :thumbup:

Screwy, don't beat yourself up over your use of an apostrophe - there is a perfectly good argument for using one in this case. Photo is merely an abbreviation of photograph and the apostrophe indicates that one or more letter is missing as, for example in "don't" for do not.

Similar examples in everyday use (often wrongly!) - I'm and don't (both as used by Cubie above), there's, wasn't or even L'pool, S'hampton and many more.

So, get those knuckles off the ground and stick with your (not you're!) apostrophes :thumbup: :wave:

Well, qbman1, you started it! :relaxed:
Well, I would argue that "photo" has become an accepted word in its own right and thus doesn't require the apostrophe as there is nothing actually missing when one uses the plural form. Get those knuckles back on the floor screwy!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Shouldn't that read Screw'y, short for Screw my donkey? :sarcasm: :crazy:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

We back on to Muffin the Mule again ?

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

I think it is helpful to have photos of meals so you can get an idea of what you might want to order. CMV actually plated up the entrees and put them outside the restaurant, so you could actually see each dish, which I thought was an excellent idea.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

They do a similar thing at the P&O on-board cookery demonstrations to promote the speciality restaurants

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Here's a piccy of tonight's dinner !
IMG_5081.JPG

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

you're just stringing us along now..
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

On Oriana they used to plate up the sweets so you could see them as you entered the dining room. I think it's a good idea. I wonder if they still do it.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

They didn't when we went on her a couple of years ago...
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

....they had probably gone a bit mouldy by then !!

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”