Cruising in 2018

Topics relating to P&O

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Cruising in 2018

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

That is brave Gill. We'd love to see the Northern Lights and have looked at those cruises but worry that the NL are not guaranteed and it's a long cold and potentially choppy way to go if there's nothing there. I think we might do a shorter NL trip by air one year.

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

gill w
we have done that trip on oriana 3 years ago and my wife still talks about it we were lucky and did see the northern lights we would not have missed this cruise for anything hence the reason we are going to iceland in 2018, sure you will have a lovely time
graham

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
That is brave Gill. We'd love to see the Northern Lights and have looked at those cruises but worry that the NL are not guaranteed and it's a long cold and potentially choppy way to go if there's nothing there. I think we might do a shorter NL trip by air one year.

A mate of mine did the northern lights on C&M the year before last and although they were lucky enough to see them, he described the cruise as 'eventful' and a 'bit choppy'

I got his drift ;)
Empty vessels .. and all that

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

After our Oceana cruise in February, when a window in the dining room cracked and subsequently shattered after a freak wave, I'm fully prepared for 'eventful'! :lol:

We've acknowledged that when we are at sea we won't be outside that much and will load our Kindles up accordingly.

But it's one of those things I've dreamed about, to see the Northern Lights, so we are hoping for the best. Also, hope we can do the dog sledding excursion

Also, my birthday falls during this cruise and we'll be in Tromso that day, which will be a bit different to my birthday in 2017, when we'll be in Fiji
Gill

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Email at 10:00 this morning confirming our second choice cabin for Arcadia USA & Canada

Return to “P&O”