Mobility Form

Topics relating to disabled cruising

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Mobility Form

Post by CaroleF »

I have filled in a Mobility Form for our next cruise in December and sent it back to P&O. This is because I want to take a small mobility scooter with me to use ashore. I don't intend using it on the ship. We have a mini suite on the next cruise on Aurora so storing it shouldn't be a problem. I don't need a specially adapted cabin. Can anyone tell me should I expect to hear back from P&O regarding what I put on the form or do I assume everything's ok if I don't hear any more? I had to fill in the measurements of the scooter - a Luggie and details of our cabin etc. I'm just not sure what happens next, if anything.

Carole

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Mobility Form

Post by daib GC »

CaroleF wrote:
I have filled in a Mobility Form for our next cruise in December and sent it back to P&O. This is because I want to take a small mobility scooter with me to use ashore. I don't intend using it on the ship. We have a mini suite on the next cruise on Aurora so storing it shouldn't be a problem. I don't need a specially adapted cabin. Can anyone tell me should I expect to hear back from P&O regarding what I put on the form or do I assume everything's ok if I don't hear any more? I had to fill in the measurements of the scooter - a Luggie and details of our cabin etc. I'm just not sure what happens next, if anything.

Carole
You generally hear nothing. When you arrive there is a desk near were you go in and you have to get a lable for the scooter to say it has been seen and you are in the correct cabin. Which you are in a mini suite.

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

No, the times I've sent a form in, I've never heard anything back either Carole - but everything seemed to work out ok except for once when, unbeknown to me until boarding, it turned out they never received my form. Since then I've always phoned to make sure they received it.

Hope it all goes ok and you have a great cruise :)

mavismumakrill
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by mavismumakrill »

I have just filled the form in before with measurement, weight etc. Only time I heard anything was when grandson, Owen, who is severely disabled with a lot of problems was going with us - as well as David and Mandy of course. They just wanted a couple of things clarifying about him. But never had problems with filling forma, sending them off and just arriving. Hope you have a lovely cruise, Carole.

Mavis x

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

In all the years that we have filled in a mobility questionnaire for a cruise with P&O, we have never heard back from them once it was done.
As you said, there should be no problem anyway with a scooter in a mini suite, plenty of room to store it.

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Thanks everyone, can now stop expecting a reply! Never been on a cruise that near to Christmas so really looking forward to it.

Carole

Return to “Cruising for the Disabled”