Strictly

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Strictly

Post by Stephen »

Frank Manning wrote:
Well after last night, imho this is the most talented group I have ever seen on Strictly. Even Ed Balls the probable 'no hoper' is coming over as a nice guy who is at least trying. Ore and Joanne Clifton were great, and Danny looks every inch a pro. When will he do something badly? Naga is a bit weak, but she looked great in that outfit last night. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Can't say I noticed..................dribbling ;)

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:
Well after last night, imho this is the most talented group I have ever seen on Strictly. Even Ed Balls the probable 'no hoper' is coming over as a nice guy who is at least trying. Ore and Joanne Clifton were great, and Danny looks every inch a pro. When will he do something badly? Naga is a bit weak, but she looked great in that outfit last night. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Hi Stephen..l'm trying to be as discreet as l can but have you tried TENA? :thumbup: :lol:

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Well now we know. I was a bit surprised that Laura was in the dance off, where are all those Irish voters? Some friends who are very good amateur standard dancers, say that they have watched AJ since he was very young and that he and 'Miss Frangipane' will do well.

Stephen, don't take any notice of Onelife, a tight elastic band is better. So I am told! :thumbup:

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:

Hi Stephen..l'm trying to be as discreet as l can but have you tried TENA? :thumbup: :lol:
If you think I'm going to use money, think again.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Frank Manning wrote:
Well now we know. I was a bit surprised that Laura was in the dance off, where are all those Irish voters? Some friends who are very good amateur standard dancers, say that they have watched AJ since he was very young and that he and 'Miss Frangipane' will do well.

Stephen, don't take any notice of Onelife, a tight elastic band is better. So I am told! :thumbup:

And get another stricture, no thanks.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I thought it was a travesty that Tameka Empson got voted off, as did many other viewers. It was as clear as day that she performed far better in the dance off. And the racist thought immediately crossed my mind as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/stri ... ka-9012672

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote:
I thought it was a travesty that Tameka Empson got voted off, as did many other viewers. It was as clear as day that she performed far better in the dance off. And the racist thought immediately crossed my mind as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/stri ... ka-9012672
Not sure about racism, but their relative glamour appeal could have been a factor.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Surely by now you have realised that it has nothing to do with dancing ability, but it is a popularity contest.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

That's as may be David, but what was so popular about Laura Whitmore! OK, she may be a bit of a looker but has no character about her, unlike Tameka.

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

I don't even think of it as a popularity contest. Once they start the actual dancing and the great music it is just pure entertainment for me. It's all the silly bits of spoof training film which drive me mad, but I suppose they have to fill the time while the next dancers are getting ready. Oh and Bruno's antics, I know he's Italian but I wish he would stop all the standing up and waving his arms around, and concentrate on his critique.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Rather as I've said on cruising issues, other channels are available. We enjoy Strictly. If others don't, viewing is not complusory! :sarcasm:

P.s. And I've never liked Tameka. Nothing to do with race. Just don't like her. Possibly she wouldn't like me either!

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I can't be doing with the fill-ins which are so pathetic and contrived. If they have time to kill why not show genuine footage of the training without all the staged scenarios.
It doesn't seem to matter what the orchestra and singers are asked to perform they are superb and that,together with the dancing and the costumes do indeed make for a very enjoyable show (even without Ola and Aliona).

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

We saw Lance Ellington live in Bournemouth a few years ago. A class act.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Will Young quits for personal reasons !!!
Shame I thought he was going to be a strong contender.

Lindsey

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Three down several more to go.

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Whynd1 wrote:

Lindsey
Me too. Although Len didn't seem to like him. That might be the kiss of death for any contestants chances. :thumbdown:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Frank Manning wrote:
Whynd1 wrote:

Lindsey
Me too. Although Len didn't seem to like him. That might be the kiss of death for any contestants chances. :thumbdown:
Apparently he has a history of depression, maybe Len's rebuke was just too much for him.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I actually thought Len was a little harsh with him.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I'm waiting for the call to take his place

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Yes you certainly look ready there Mervyn. It's no use them asking me, I take size 13 shoes.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:

They always need a fall guy for the show Merv ;)

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Part of the problem is that the judges think they are the stars. Why do they need to dance on at the beginning of every show?
The professional dancers are the real stars and whilst the current crop of 'celebrities' are quite good does anyone think that because they have appeared on something called Holyoaks or are lingerie models they are celebrities.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Frank Manning wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Yes you certainly look ready there Mervyn. It's no use them asking me, I take size 13 shoes.
You do a pretty good job in heels in the Moneysupermarket advert Frank, size 13s or not but don't worry, I won't be telling anybody!!!! :wave:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Frank Manning wrote:
Whynd1 wrote:

Lindsey
I'm afraid I have little sympathy for so-called celebrities who have a strop and a hissy fit when everything does not go their way. I always feel Len is more measured and constructive in his comments but if you cannot take criticism I would suggest shows such as this are not for you despite the money made for appearing and the subsequent tour.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote:
Frank Manning wrote:
Whynd1 wrote:

Lindsey
I'm afraid I have little sympathy for so-called celebrities who have a strop and a hissy fit when everything does not go their way. I always feel Len is more measured and constructive in his comments but if you cannot take criticism I would suggest shows such as this are not for you despite the money made for appearing and the subsequent tour.
Hi foxy.....l'm happy to go along with your take on the Len vs Will saga but only because Len said "only joking" after his "rude put down comment"..... had he not, then he would have been completely out of order saying what he did imo.

Oh...and having studied at the Bolshio Ballet Accadamy for 5 years l feel well qualified to say Will's Salsa routine did infact have 24 counts of eight in it :angel: :lol:

Regards

Keith :wave:

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”