Packing - love it or loathe it?

Any general cruise line chat

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Packing - love it or loathe it?

Post by Frank Manning »

4 largeish cases for us plus a carry onboard suiter. We each pack our own. I always take 2 electric razors, that means 2 chargers.
Iagree about fly cruises, its too much hassle for me. I seem to have spent half my life in airports; not any more

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Don't mind flying. Not keen on airports. But we like going places so for us it's a necessary evil.

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I can't see how we would get our luggage allowance down enough for a fly cruise. It's bad enough trying to fathom out what to take but would be a nightmare if we had weight restrictions to consider as well.
As for airports I love the places but have now got used to the sheer convenience of arriving at the dockside, unloading the car and embarking without all the hassle of flying. It's a much more relaxed experience so I can't see us flying again any time soon.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

oldbluefox wrote:
I can't see how we would get our luggage allowance down enough for a fly cruise. It's bad enough trying to fathom out what to take but would be a nightmare if we had weight restrictions to consider as well
The only time we've done it we upgraded to premium economy on BA and got extra allowance

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Frank Manning wrote:
4 largeish cases for us plus a carry onboard suiter. We each pack our own. I always take 2 electric razors, that means 2 chargers.
Iagree about fly cruises, its too much hassle for me. I seem to have spent half my life in airports; not any more
2 razors? That's posh! It that so you can do your face whilst Mrs F does your backside?!

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”