Smokehouse on QM2

Anything about Cunard cruises

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Smokehouse on QM2

Post by Dancing Queen »

Thanks for that Em hmmm it does sound as if the a la carte has been curtailed quite a bit .. no fillet, no rack of lamb ?? I can just see it as more people will order 'off menu' which seems crazy as it's more work for the crew although I also read somewhere that they are not 'encouraging' this as much :o

Glad you have enjoyed your trip.
Jo

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We loved the newly Remastered QM2, the Carinthia was wonderful and we ate there several times. Last night we had the MOST AMAZING Indian meal in Coriander, really, really exceptional. The King's Court has been vastly improved, although it must be said they remain mean with vegetarian choices and when I asked if there were any veggie dishes available, suggested I have Saurkraut!

I am so sorry I missed you EM. I boarded wth a filthy headache, took some meds and simply had to sleep for a few hours. I was unable to get a message to you, not knowing your name.

We are very much looking forward to our next QM trip and the QV one in April. Perhaps our paths will cross then, Em.
Gill

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Jo - huge apologies, I got a bit preoccupied when I said what was on the QG alc menu - yes, there was another page, and it had the stuff which you need to order a bit in advance - including the lamb. Many apologies, but I do have a thumping good reason, believe me.

Really enjoyed it all, never made it to the speciality restaurant, but had a wonderful time.

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Sorry you had a nasty head - there's nothing worse! Glad you had a great time.

Return to “Cunard”