Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oriana Broken (again)

Post by david63 »

Posted just now on FB
Following a technical issue in Gibraltar on Thursday, Oriana’s arrival into Southampton will be delayed. As a result, boarding for X720 will now be on Sunday morning at the QEII Cruise Terminal.

If you are booked on this cruise please arrive at the same check-in time as indicated on your ticket, but on Sunday.

Regretfully this change has made it necessary to amend the timing of the calls to Amsterdam and Zeebrugge. We are calling all guests to advise them of the new sailing time and itinerary.

We apologise sincerely for this change to the schedule and will do everything we can to ensure our guests have a wonderful time on board.

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Oriana Broken (again)

Post by anniec »

I hope they've let people know directly as well - like many of a certain age, I don't use facebook.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Compo claim.

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Sometimes compensation claims are justified. As it's a mechanical problem, and not an act of God, global warming, Brexit, or whatever else gets blamed for everything now, this seems to be one of those times. Many will, presumably, have to stay an extra night in Soton, apart from other inconveniences.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

anniec wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 15:58
Sometimes compensation claims are justified. As it's a mechanical problem, and not an act of God, global warming, Brexit, or whatever else gets blamed for everything now, this seems to be one of those times. Many will, presumably, have to stay an extra night in Soton, apart from other inconveniences.
Good luck with that. More chance of pulling hens teeth than being able to stay on at the same hotel on a Saturday night, especially as most rooms are probably already booked for cruise passengers departing the following day (Sunday).

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Good point, Stephen. We go on QE on Sunday, and there were already two other ships in Soton that day (Azura and Celebrity Eclipse, both of them quite a decent size). We often stay in Fleet, which we're doing this time, and even out there it's been fully booked for a while.

Thinking about it, compensation is the wrong word. Recompense for out of pocket expenses caused by the problem seems the reasonable response.

Can I get compensation for Southampton's roads being more crowded than anticipated, haha?

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Travel is becoming a pain in the butt.

Airlines cancelling flights or going bust
Ships delayed by bad weather or technical problems.
Road works all over the country
Even had a technical problem with the caravan last month - brakes jammed on, couldn't get it off the drive - had to pay myself some compo !

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

anniec wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 16:20
Good point, Stephen. We go on QE on Sunday, and there were already two other ships in Soton that day (Azura and Celebrity Eclipse, both of them quite a decent size). We often stay in Fleet, which we're doing this time, and even out there it's been fully booked for a while.

Thinking about it, compensation is the wrong word. Recompense for out of pocket expenses caused by the problem seems the reasonable response.

Can I get compensation for Southampton's roads being more crowded than anticipated, haha?
We are on Eclipse on Sunday. :thumbup:

No harm in trying ;) :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

allatc wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 16:52
Travel is becoming a pain in the butt.

Airlines cancelling flights or going bust
Ships delayed by bad weather or technical problems.
Road works all over the country
Even had a technical problem with the caravan last month - brakes jammed on, couldn't get it off the drive - had to pay myself some compo !
:lol: How much did you get.

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Stephen wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 17:06
anniec wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 16:20

We are on Eclipse on Sunday. :thumbup:

No harm in trying ;) :)
I think we're on adjacent docks, so I'll wave. Have a splendid time.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

And you Annie :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

When you're on Calamity Collapse look out for the blue plaque: "Towny slept here ". It's on one of the steerage cabins.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 19:20
When you're on Calamity Collapse look out for the blue plaque: "Towny slept here ". It's on one of the steerage cabins.
What, and venture below stairs :o .......I don't think so.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

She's due in tomorrow night now....

"Oriana will be arriving tomorrow evening at 8:00 pm. (Berthing at QEII Cruise Terminal)"

Return to “About Oriana”