A308N

Azura cruises in 2013

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: A308N

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Seville on your own is good, we enjoyed that .

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for that Bob - my problem is that I am travelling on my own and don't really fancy wandering around with no back-up so if I go it will be with organised trip - everyone tells me it's well worth a visit.
Janis

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Thanks for that Bob - my problem is that I am travelling on my own and don't really fancy wandering around with no back-up so if I go it will be with organised trip - everyone tells me it's well worth a visit.
Sorry, I meant the one where P&O drop you off and let you wander around.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Oh Bob I realised you meant the trip where you are dropped off by P&O and do your own thing - I think I must have confused you with my response about being on my own I was having a senior moment :crazy: Are you travelling on this cruise too?
Janis

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

We snaffled a mega-bargain Getaway for this one yesterday. Imagine, booking a cruise just 3 weeks before departure. How exciting!

Does anyone know either the cruise director or the guest speaker on the cruise?

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

No probs, Jan. no were not on this one. Our next is Aurora coming home from Dubai in April but we visited Seville from Cádiz when we were on Oceana last November. The weather was very pleasant, sunny but not too hot. Seville has lots of interesting buildings from the Expo of 1929 and the journey there is quite interesting too.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for that Bob - I was a bit concerned that the bus journey seemed to be taking up most of the day but you've made it sound well worth doing so I'm probably going to book it :thumbup:
Janis

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Babs - just had freedom dining confirmed - good news :D Two weeks tonight we should have the cases closed and a sleepless night waiting for the alarm to go off :crazy: I never sleep properly the night before don't know why I bother to set it - still get excited after doing umpteen cruises :lol: anyone else the same?
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

You're not alone in that respect, Jan. I barely sleep the night before and am amazed how I manage to keep going the next day. It must be pure 100% adrenalin.
Hope you and all others have a fabulous cruise. Of course I'm not envious. (And if you believe that you'll believe anything!!!) :lol:
Never mind ours is only 7 weeks away so just have to be more patient.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for the good wishes - course you're not envious Foxy :lol: I've got another cruise booked for July with my son and family - the Chancellor is not getting his hands on my money I'm spending my pensions as fast as I can :crazy:
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by The Invigilator »

Hi Jan - good news Freedom dining is what you wanted wasn't it? :clap:

Can't believe how quickly it's coming around now so exciting. Just got the mountain of ironing and packing to do then I will really relax - but still getting majorly, majorly excited now have been checking out the weather in some of our ports and they have this strange phenomena called sunshine - had to google it I wasn't entirely sure what it was :lol: see you soon Jan :D

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Babs - yes I wanted Freedom dining so am really pleased its been confirmed. I'm lucky I only have to pack for myself - don't envy you packing for the family - it's always your fault isn't it if something is left out - hope they give you a hand.

Just think two weeks tonight we'll be on board perhaps watching a show - definitely having a little drink or two - the weather has got to be better than at home - we've had rain/sleet/high winds all day - brrrr. :thumbdown:

To everyone travelling on this cruise not long now :thumbup: see you all soon :D let's hope Mr Sunshine is travelling with us too (just watched the weather forecast - snow tomorrow) :roll:
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Blizzard conditions outside and just about to get the cases down ready for packing. Will the view outside colour our judgement as we prepare our holiday clothes, will we really need thermals, woolly jumpers and fleeces? :think:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

Have a look at the ports on this weather site http://www.accuweather.com
Sunshine
20C
It's hard to believe looking at our weather now. I've looked at the 10 day forecast for the UK and there's nothing very cheering :(
Roll on 4th April (or even better 5/6 April and then Lisbon on 7th - if I've remembered correctly)

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

It's 24 Deg in Valencia at the moment and even 14 Deg in Lisbon, roll on 4th April.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

towny44 wrote:
It's 24 Deg in Valencia at the moment and even 14 Deg in Lisbon, roll on 4th April.
Too right Towny, have been looking at the forecast that golden orb in the sky is still forecast for us crew ;) very nearly into a single figure countdown - been to Tesco got a few last bits n bobs ready to go go go - maximus excitimus :D :D

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

9 more sleeps - :clap: :clap:

I wonder what entertainers will be on board? Last year it was a brilliant Freddie Mercury tribute artiste.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Babs we are into single figure countdown now :thumbup: got all the clothes laid out in spare room ready - cases down on the weekend - not long now :clap:
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Have sorted out the cases Jan now need to sort and iron all the clothes that have been unceremoniously piled up in our room

lynden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lynden »

Just 1 week today and we will be sailing. Roll on
lynden

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

It's coming around really quickly now Lynden - 7 more sleeps EXCITING :clap: :clap: :D

lynden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lynden »

The weather in our ports of call seems to be deteriating. Looked sunny a few days ago, now some rain. Maybe too early to tell. Big weekend of packing and filling the freezer for teenager left at home.
lynden

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I'm sure in a week's time it will have warmed up - temperatures yesterday 18 and sunny in Gibraltar Malaga 19 and sunny Barcelona 15 so not too bad :) I'll enjoy it no matter what so bring it on :thumbup:

How's the packing going Babs - are you winning :lol

Have a lovely Easter see you all soon xxx
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Jan Rosser wrote:
I'm sure in a week's time it will have warmed up - temperatures yesterday 18 and sunny in Gibraltar Malaga 19 and sunny Barcelona 15 so not too bad I'll enjoy it no matter what so bring it on :thumbup:

How's the packing going Babs - are you winning

Have a lovely Easter see you all soon xxx
Those temperatures sound most agreeable to me although it would be great if Barcelona could warm up a bit too :D

Today Jan, I have separated the massive piles of stuff into 4 individual ones and established that the kids and I have all we need, hubby needs a couple of t shirts and that's it. :D

Ironing has been put off until Monday - well it is Good Friday couldn't possibly get hubby to do the ironing today ;) and then packing will commence

How are you getting on, I trust you have purchased something loud and proud for the tropical night!

See you soon - 6 sleeps and counting - oh yes :D

Happy Easter xx

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

How does this forecast grab you?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/pt/lisbon ... r=4/1/2013
I think I'd take anything that didn't have snow in it!

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”