Shanghai Transit

Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
Caramar
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Shanghai Transit

Post by Caramar »

Hi, I am new to this forum and am unable to work out how to search the topics so this may be covered elsewhere. However, I would like to know if anyone is booked onto the Majestic Princess cruise departing March 2018 from Singapore to Shanghai. If so I would be grateful if opinions on Chinese visa requirements could be shared. I don't believe a visa is necessary because there is a 144hrs Visa Exemption Policy active in Shanghai. My problem is Princess will not confirm that boarding in Singapore will be permitted without a full Chinese entry visa and the UK Chinese Visa department deny all knowledge of the 144hrs policy. Has anyone any experience of this problem.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Shanghai Transit

Post by Manoverboard »

Have some chums ( UK Nationals who are residents here in the UK ) who did a Singapore cruise to a couple of Chinese Ports including Shanghai plus Vietnam etc with Princess in 2014, or was it 2015. Anyhowz they had to complete a whole wad of forms for their Visa application(s), more even than India but simpler they advised at the time.

If the Chinese Visa Department haven't heard of an exemption then my guess is that there isn't one.

There will of course be other Visas to pay for along the route, no forms just charges to your on board account.

The Princess Forum is located ...here
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

Not sure if it is OK to advertise the competition but there is a thread about 144hr visa here
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthr ... nghai+visa

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It's ok with me :thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Caramar
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Caramar »

Hi JoanneB, that was a brilliant tip - I used the link and found people who were actually on our cruise and I feel much more relaxed about the visa/visa exemption situation. Thanks again

Return to “Princess”