Sue Kersh on Aurora

Reports about cruises on Aurora

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Sue Kersh on Aurora

Post by GillD46 »

Thanks for all your effort in reporting Sue, and to Dennis for posting them. It’s been really enjoyable reading them.
Gill

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

I have enjoyed your reports, I have done one for our recent cruise but NOT in as much detail as you give :crazy:
We also thought the entertain was not as good as previous cruises sometimes we felt it was all done for the benefit of the crew rather than the customers.

Topic author
Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Gill W wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 15:54
Thank you Sue for your reports and to Dennis for doing the honours.
gilly88 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:37
really enjoyed your cruise reports thank you for taking the time to post. :clap: :clap: thanks also to Dennis.
GillD46 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 06:08
Thanks afor all your effort in reporting Sue, and to Dennis for posting them. It’s been really enjoyable reading them.
You're welcome 😀

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Happydays wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 15:32
I have enjoyed your reports, I have done one for our recent cruise but NOT in as much detail as you give :crazy:
We also thought the entertain was not as good as previous cruises sometimes we felt it was all done for the benefit of the crew rather than the customers.
That has been our experience too. The passengers (customers) are just an inconvenience to them. A couple of years ago we did the last leg of the world cruise on Aurora from Cape Town to Southampton. When we crossed the equator there was no crossing the line ceremony. When I challenged Leon about this his reply was "I'm not doing one of those again. We've already done five on this cruise and I've got to get all the headliners together and put on a big show". I didn't want a song and dance (literally) about it, I just wanted one of the most traditional of maritime traditions and so did the other 750 who had boarded at Cape Town.

Just one of many things that were wrong with this particular cruise and one of the reasons why we avoid P&O these days.

Return to “Aurora Cruise Reports”