Oriana X808 - More tales from Sue and the Butler

Reports about cruises on Oriana

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Oriana X808 - More tales from Sue and the Butler

Post by Happydays »

We live in central Scotland and last week we were up in Banffshire have been having scorching weather better than in the South of England as we haven't had the thunder storms (for a change) have had no need for fleeces :) and the midges here haven't been a problem! Better pack some sun screen..... Hope it stays nice for your trip although that might be pushing our luck as that would take the good weather to over a month ;)

Topic author
prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Final Sea Day

Post by prefdavid »

Last report from Sue for X808

Sunday 10 June 2018 - final Sea Day

Clear skies and a calm Bay of Biscay but definitely not sunbathing weather. I went to the exercise class and said goodbye to Marjorie my gym buddy (when she turned up) for the last two cruises. No doubt we will meet up again as she cruises almost as much as we do.

I did some ironing and as always the laundry was mad busy with people wanting to wash dry and iron before packing to go home. I really couldn’t be bothered and much prefer to do it once home.

The shops were busy with sales as they try to wring every last penny out of passengers before they disembark. I heard passengers in the laundry saying that they still had on board credit to spend and were going to the shops straight after the laundry.

The final Battle of the sexes and although the ladies won the round there was too much of a deficit to catch the men up.

We didn’t think much of the final night entertainment which was a magician again, so after saying our thank you and goodbyes to our waiters who are moving into the freedom restaurant tomorrow we returned to the cabin to watch a film called The American Assassin. I didn’t think much to that either.

Southampton tomorrow.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Final Sea Day

Post by daib GC »

prefdavid wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 16:06
Last report from Sue for X808

Sunday 10 June 2018 - final Sea Day

Clear skies and a calm Bay of Biscay but definitely not sunbathing weather. I went to the exercise class and said goodbye to Marjorie my gym buddy (when she turned up) for the last two cruises. No doubt we will meet up again as she cruises almost as much as we do.

I did some ironing and as always the laundry was mad busy with people wanting to wash dry and iron before packing to go home. I really couldn’t be bothered and much prefer to do it once home.

The shops were busy with sales as they try to wring every last penny out of passengers before they disembark. I heard passengers in the laundry saying that they still had on board credit to spend and were going to the shops straight after the laundry.

The final Battle of the sexes and although the ladies won the round there was too much of a deficit to catch the men up.

We didn’t think much of the final night entertainment which was a magician again, so after saying our thank you and goodbyes to our waiters who are moving into the freedom restaurant tomorrow we returned to the cabin to watch a film called The American Assassin. I didn’t think much to that either.

Southampton tomorrow.
Sorry, I do not understand, what is unspent OBC.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oriana X808 - More tales from Sue and the Butler

Post by david63 »

daib GC wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 16:18
Sorry, I do not understand, what is unspent OBC.
Not a concept that I am familiar with :?

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”