Oriana X809 - Final tales from Sue and the Butler....for now

Reports about cruises on Oriana

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Oriana X809 - Final tales from Sue and the Butler....for now

Post by GillD46 »

Just caught up with the last of your extended trip(s) Sue. Thanks for sharing your experiences and to David for tendering.
Gill

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Kenmo1 wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 14:18
Thanks for your review - I still read it although we were on this cruise because you provide so much useful information. It was good to put a face to a name when we met you at breakfast but I was disappointed not to meet Garry as I was hoping to bring him home with me as I could do with a wonderful butler like Garry. Despite the rain, we thoroughly enjoyed this cruise. It is a very friendly ship and we bumped into several couples we have met before which was nice.

Like you, we enjoyed the entertainment very much but towards the end we were concerned that the fabulous Headliners troupe were being overused to the detriment of their health. The singer and the comedian were fabulous.
We got off on the 2nd tender in Guernsey and joined a long queue for 91 or 92 round the island local bus which costs £1 per person. Wonderful bargain but really packed so we didn't get off anywhere but saw a lot of the beaches and even pulled into the airport. We did the Giants Causeway in Belfast and then had a run along the coast and finally a tour round Belfast city to see the Falls Rd/Shankill Rd with the murals and Peace Wall. Like you, we wished we had moored at Cobh - it was an absolute picture in the sunshine when we sat in the Crow's Nest for the sail out. Maureen
It was great to meet you at breakfast Maureen. I looked out for you around the ship after that but didn’t spot you.

Back down to earth now and so p,eased that my butler came home with me and that you didn’t get chance to entice him away.
He has done all of the washing now but unfortunately I still haven’t trained him to do the ironing.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

barney wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 10:45
Hi Sue,
Can you enlighten me to how you got on with the new policy ref cabin supplies.
You tell me, I won't let on to the others ;)

I noticed in the link on another thread about the crew conditions, that the officer said that the changes in' drink and dress policy' were for short cruises.
My sister in law has just come back from Ventura to the Med and said that it was basically an honesty policy, some handed in, others didn't
She did, but her partner boarded in Barca with a bottle of Barcadi and a bottle of coke and no one asked, so he went on board. They enjoyed it on their balcony with the steward bringing the ice.

I'm thinking discretion is the word of the day.
Hi Barney, the alcohol policy is not controlled 100%. We found if security is done off the ship as it tends to be in Spain then as long as any drink is not visible no one queries what is in the bag. There is a table which is staffed after the scanners and if alcohol shows up on the scanner then you are asked to go to the table to hand it in. We didn’t hand any in as we only bought in Spain and as we only had 2 litres we kept it for the second cruise and then bought in Gibraltar and the table to hand it in wasn’t there. We just took 2 bottles on board with us in Southampton. The shops on board were doing great duty free deals and we bought on the first cruise, picked them up on the last day and took them to the car when in Southampton.

Sue

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”