Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Just isn't Carnivals day ...

Post by Kendhni »

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Just isn't Carnivals day ...

Post by oldbluefox »

Events such as this are always sad and upsetting but I suppose a cruise ship is a microcosm of life which changes with every trip. They never know who they are taking on and actually have very little power over what they are doing whilst in their cabins or ashore.
I always think it's very sad for anybody who has to be evacuated from the ship due to illness. Having looked forward to the holiday and all that it entails, it seems cruel to have it taken away in such circumstances.
In all instances it is extremely sad for their loved ones and those who knew them onboard ship.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Not just Carnival, there was the awful lifeboat accident on one of the Thomson ships when crew members died .. not enjoying themselves but just doing their job :(

I agree it must be dreadful to have to be evacuated from a ship through illness, a couple of years ago we had embarkation delayed because a lady had fallen and broken her hip, she was literally six feet away from stepping on the ship, I couldn't believe the number of people "moaning" because they couldn't get on the ship .. what did they expect to do - stride over the poor women :crazy:
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I always feel very sorry for anyone involved in a 'code alpha' announcement - and then of course the deck number or stateroom number is also announced; it's very sad to hear that someone is having their cruise spoiled.

We were onboard when a passenger needed urgent medical evacuation and the RAF SAR chopper came and took the passenger off the ship - it was evening time, and the number of people who moaned because they couldn't watch because the balconies and outside areas were forbidden so they couldn't watch was unbelievable.

From our restaurant the hovvering chopping was clear to see, and from our balcony door there would also have been a good view - but we simply didn't wish to watch, and we think that that is the best thing to do. If there is nothing that we can do to help then firstly we won't get in the way of those that can, and secondly we certainly wouldn't make it into a spectator event.

Em :)

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”