Booking Extras

Discussions about anything related to Britannia

Topic author
Sweepsy66
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Booking Extras

Post by Sweepsy66 »

Is anybody else having issues booking extras on Britannia March Caribbean cruise. Tried and continually failing to book spa and tours etc. Its our first cruise and beginning to panic at having nothing booked. Cheers
Last edited by david63 on 27 Jan 2020, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Booking Extras

Post by towny44 »

According to posts on Cruise Critic and Facebook, a lot of people are finding similar problems with P&Os cruise personaliser. You can always try ringing them on 0800 0523840, or sending an e-mail to custmerservices@pocruises.com, or if you booked with a TA ask them to help.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum Sweepsy66 :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

There used to be loads of problems with the old personaliser which crashed regularly. So they've replaced it and there are now loads of problems and it crashes regularly. By the time I need to access it again no doubt they'll have replaced it three more times and there'll be loads of problems and it'll crash regularly.

In the meantime I'll soon need to access the Cunard personaliser, which is on the same platform. So fingers crossed.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 17:42

In the meantime I'll soon need to access the Cunard personaliser, which is on the same platform. So fingers crossed.
Don’t hold your breath, it’s dreadful.
Gill

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

Must say I’ve never had a problem with the new platform or old. Always do everything on line. Have always done this using my iPad, PO say if people are having problems they should try changing the setting, ie to block pop ups. On iPad this is very easy, go to settings, safari, general, block or unblock pop ups, in fairness I’ve never had to do this but I do keep my iPad up to date with the latest software. Hope this may help someone. Never tried on my laptop but assume you could do this on whatever search engine you use under the internet options at top of the page.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

My iPad is almost new, totally up to date with the latest software, set to permit pop-ups and shows the Personaliser ok, but much of the info I have already entered is missing. The Cunard one is the same - absolutely dreadful!
Last edited by GillD46 on 27 Jan 2020, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Gill

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

having just booked a cunard cruise we noticed the cruise personaliser is exactly the same as p&o neither seem to work ok as when we phoned cunard to ask for help filling in the details the lady told me they were having a lot of problems reported with it both of ours have red boxes on them saying not working properly

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Can I just point out that the new My Cruises may be in breach of GDPR in that you have to enter the address of the emergency contact which is, I believe, personal data and that person is not giving their explicit consent. I am currently in communication with P&O about this.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Interesting point. Not sure why they need it. Surely a phone number is all they need. If there is an emergency they're hardly going to write to your contact from the middle of the Atlantic!

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

david63 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 09:26
Can I just point out that the new My Cruises may be in breach of GDPR in that you have to enter the address of the emergency contact which is, I believe, personal data and that person is not giving their explicit consent. I am currently in communication with P&O about this.
I thought this rather odd, and the breach of GDPR is a valid point. Can you let us know what they say?
Gill

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 09:39
Interesting point. Not sure why they need it. Surely a phone number is all they need. If there is an emergency they're hardly going to write to your contact from the middle of the Atlantic!
Being cynical (I know you find that hard to believe) it is a ploy to gain names/addresses for marketing purposes which, if true, is in any circumstances illegal under GDPR as data can only be used for the purpose for which it is required.
GillD46 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 09:46
Can you let us know what they say?
I will when I get a response which I know I will as I started at the top with Paul Ludlow.

Any failure to have an acceptable reply will result in me referring it to the ICO for their adjudication.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I plucked up courage to input my passenger information to the Cunard site yesterday. There were a couple of times when it claimed my entries were invalid, but I pressed on and it saved them anyway. The only major glitch was when I tried to do Trish's and it came up with a message saying it couldn't save that so please reload the voyage and start again. I started again and logged in as Trish and lo and behold it was all there. I've checked again today and it's still there. So it's not right but it largely seems to be the error messages that it generates are weird.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I looked at ours the other day, everything had disappeared ☹️
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

If that happens to me I'll ring them. They can do the retyping

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 17:51
If that happens to me I'll ring them. They can do the retyping
Calamity did the re-typing for us a few years back but I had to tell them what to type of course. This took forever due to them no understandee wol I speakie :?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I will need to make sure it's right as we will be boarding in New York and don't fancy a night in Sing Sing!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

GillD46 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 09:46
Can you let us know what they say?
I have had a response from P&O.

The entering of the Emergency Contact's address:
a passengers emergency contact is not compulsory and is voluntary, passengers can either leave this information blank or in put N/A in the fields which the system should expect
The only problem there is that you cannot leave it blank and entering n/a gives errors!

Also
the emergency contact information being supplied, as this would be supplied to us by a passenger, it would be the passengers responsibility to obtain consent from the nominated individual to provide this information.
This is contrary to the ICO guidelines

And
If an address for the emergency contact is provided, this is only used in the event of an emergency and in not kept for any other purpose.
Needless to say I am now awaiting response number two

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Thank you David. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Apparently I have ticked the box to go green.
I know I didnt.
My ta has to ring them 50 odd days before our departure and they will amend it,it cannot be done before.
Why not I wonder.
My ta also confirmed that some cruises are being selected for no holiday booklets to be issued at all. I think Maureen mentioned this . The thing is passengers or travel agents are not being told which cruises are affected, it's only when you contact P and O that you find out.

Not good enough.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 15:22
When the new "personaliser" came the option defaulted to Go green - not sure what it does now.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

david63 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 15:35
When the new "personaliser" came the option defaulted to Go green - not sure what it does now.
Still does, if you want a brochure you have to change the entry.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I know I didnt.
My ta has to ring them 50 odd days before our departure and they will amend it,it cannot be done before.
Why not I wonder.
My ta also confirmed that some cruises are being selected for no holiday booklets to be issued at all. I think Maureen mentioned this . The thing is passengers or travel agents are not being told which cruises are affected, it's only when you contact P and O that you find out.

Not good enough.
It’s the beginning of the end.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I have been into the cruise personaliser of my other booked cruises and edited my personal details and it comes up with the option for the booklet. So have ticked the box.
I am in one of those moods today after having a dust up with the receptionist at the vets, who tried to charge me a £15 arrangement fee for sending my claim to the insurance company. I co tasted the insurance who tells me what rubbish, they send it to is by computer and we pay you in 24 hours.
So back to the vets by phone and I asked for the office manager etc, she did apologise,I was given incorrect information. I did say then the receptionist needs retraining.
Grrrr

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Whynd1 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 16:11
I have been into the cruise personaliser of my other booked cruises and edited my personal details and it comes up with the option for the booklet. So have ticked the box.
I am in one of those moods today after having a dust up with the receptionist at the vets, who tried to charge me a £15 arrangement fee for sending my claim to the insurance company. I co tasted the insurance who tells me what rubbish, they send it to is by computer and we pay you in 24 hours.
So back to the vets by phone and I asked for the office manager etc, she did apologise,I was given incorrect information. I did say then the receptionist needs retraining.
Grrrr
Typo …. ' restraining ' ;)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “About Britannia”