Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All Suspended Until April 11th

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 15:35
Arcadia world cruise and Aurora S American adventure also cancelled, which must put in doubt any of their cruises planned for before then, it seems unlikely P&O would re-start them only to lay them up again for most of Q1.
Unless they put some shorter cruise on using those ships - especially if the passenger capacity is reduced across the fleet.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Shorter cruises would certainly be more manageable in terms of sorting out ports of call and not risking getting stuck on the other side of the world again. Saga have said when they restart it may be with cruises round the UK or cruises to nowhere. I suspect anything to get the industry moving and some revenue coming in again.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

If the U.K. has the port capacity, I’m sure round Britain would prove extremely popular.
We’d go for it.
It would be good to see oop norf.
I went past Watford once but it felt a bit odd.
Empty vessels .. and all that

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I am not too sure that a round Britain cruise in winter would interest us, I know that Xmas market cruises are popular, but don't know how many there might be in and around any UK ports to make it viable.
Anyway if cruising has started by then, I would hope that our February Canaries cruise on Iona would be going ahead.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Pam + Neil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pam + Neil »

Our Aurora Caribbean cancelled for November as anticipted. We have requested a refund as we have others "planned". Should have paid our balance lat week but our travel agent allowed us 1 week grace. Disappointed in some ways as we had an amazing price as this wac originally misadvertised as a fly cruise and price accordingly. It's going to be a long old winter.....!

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 17:07
I would hope that our February Canaries cruise on Iona would be going ahead.
The only problem there is that your balance will be due around November/early December and we may not know what the cruising "experience" will be, let alone the situation regarding insurance.

We have an Iona booked for March and at the moment are seriously of the opinion that we will be cancelling before the balance is due in late December.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I'm of the same opinion for my April cruise. Has to be paid just before Christmas. Have n way of knowing what the experience will be like ,will be wearing masks in corridors etc. Am fully prepared to cancel.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I am not too bothered about the experience, I am sure all cruise lines will be trying to make all covid precautions as stress free as possible; and as this cruise is almost fully paid after we transferred our April payment onto it, so its no big deal to pay the final balance.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

We’ve decided that whatever happens we won’t be going on the Christmas cruise - I’d be surprised if it sails actually but with the payment due at the end of this month we are now trying to use our deposit to book another cruise. It’s been a nightmare finding one particularly as we are restricted to school holidays - either there is space but no child places left or no cabins available. I suppose it’s to be expected with so many people doing the same thing as us. Oh well looks as if we are going to book in the Easter holidays but I still think things will have to improve before I’ll sail again - I’d rather lose the £50 deposit.
Janis

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

:( Seeing this thread, I was originally thinking it meant April 11th, 2021 and we will be OK for Azura in May. I'm now thinking that the original post and the immediate replies never envisaged that it could stretch so far. My balance for May 2021 will be due in Feb 2021 and now I'm wondering if it will ever happen!

Return to “P&O”