Re: Restarting Cruising

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Very interesting. Thanks.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Really good explanation of all that has to be done. Thanks for posting it.

Carole

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Or in some lines.....It’ll be right.!
Mel

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Interesting read Stephen - thanks - mammoth task for them to restart operations !!!
Janis

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I found that very interesting Stephen.
Ta.
👍
Empty vessels .. and all that

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Good find Stephen! :thumbup:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

As it was Stephen who posted it, I didn’t bother reading it :D …I was however confused as to how they hope to accommodate passengers in the theatres if social distancing is still in place…4/5 shows a night?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Onelife wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 15:33
As it was Stephen who posted it, I didn’t bother reading it :D …I was however confused as to how they hope to accommodate passengers in the theatres if social distancing is still in place…4/5 shows a night?
I believe that is exactly what is planned Keith, they will be having additional shows to allow for social distancing. Now how they will cope in the bars I dont know, maybe you will be allocated bar space every other day.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 15:52
Now how they will cope in the bars I dont know, maybe you will be allocated bar space every other day.
No doubt we will all find out in July when they start the "staycation cruises" - just waiting for all the moans

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

I believe that is exactly what is planned Keith, they will be having additional shows to allow for social distancing. Now how they will cope in the bars I dont know, maybe you will be allocated bar space every other day.
I doubt there will be many takers for the midnight show and one would have to question how the performers vocal cords will stand up to that kind of punishment. :think:

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Like the buffet, table service only. If a particular bare area is full then there are others to choose from.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 16:53
Like the buffet, table service only. If a particular bare area is full then there are others to choose from.
I'll choose the bare areas everytime :thumbup: :lol:

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Unless they have multiple dance/singing troupes on the ship I would have though more than 3 shows per night for a single troupe would be far too hectic of a schedule. Naturally there will be the usual multiple 'events' going on around the ship. I believe at one point P&O (and others) had said they would be using a booking system and restricting the number of people in each venue on the ship. Maybe if everyone is vaccinated (as they will be) this could be relaxed a bit.

I am wondering how they are going to manage crowds moving between shows and venues? Will it be possible to keep those moving aft separated from those moving forward - maybe force usage of promenade deck? I am looking forward to getting some feedback from those on board.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Onelife wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 16:49
I doubt there will be many takers for the midnight show and one would have to question how the performers vocal cords will stand up to that kind of punishment. :think:
Rod Stewart can normally do 3 hour shows with only 2 or 3 five minute breaks so I hardly think asking someone to do 4 half hour shows over 3 and a half hours with a half hour gap between each will stretch anyones vocal chords.
John

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

towny44 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 18:34
Onelife wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 16:49

Rod Stewart can normally do 3 hour shows with only 2 or 3 five minute breaks so I hardly think asking someone to do 4 half hour shows over 3 and a half hours with a half hour gap between each will stretch anyones vocal chords.
I'll bow to your greater knowledge on this subject John....other than to say, cruise ship entertainers tend to have more roles than just doing shows which will l believe add to over exposure of their voices... the closed environment in which they sing won't help either.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Kendhni wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 17:28
Unless they have multiple dance/singing troupes on the ship I would have though more than 3 shows per night for a single troupe would be far too hectic of a schedule. Naturally there will be the usual multiple 'events' going on around the ship. I believe at one point P&O (and others) had said they would be using a booking system and restricting the number of people in each venue on the ship. Maybe if everyone is vaccinated (as they will be) this could be relaxed a bit.

I am wondering how they are going to manage crowds moving between shows and venues? Will it be possible to keep those moving aft separated from those moving forward - maybe force usage of promenade deck? I am looking forward to getting some feedback from those on board.
It all sounds counter productive for a relaxed cruise so I won't be going on one until all restrictions are lifted :wave:

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Onelife wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 20:22
Kendhni wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 17:28

It all sounds counter productive for a relaxed cruise so I won't be going on one until all restrictions are lifted :wave:
I will gladly put up with it just to get out of drizzly old blighty for a couple of weeks - still wishful thinking hopeful for September :)

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Kendhni wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 21:16
still wishful thinking hopeful for September
You missed off the 2024 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

david63 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 21:53
:clap:

You've always been good with numbers David :)

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Crawler :)

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Onelife wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 22:53
david63 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 21:53
:clap:

You've always been good with numbers David :)
Well, even numbers any way

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 08:04
Keep this to yourself Stephen but I think David has me in mind for the next administrator job :thumbup: :clap: :lol:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Onelife wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 09:29
Keep this to yourself Stephen but I think David has me in mind for the next administrator job :thumbup: :clap: :lol:
I know David can be a bit stern, but I never thought he was a sadist! 8-)
John

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

towny44 wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 09:51
Onelife wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 09:29
I know David can be a bit stern, but I never thought he was a sadist! 8-)
Three warnings and you’re out, but if I were ever to make it to the top job I’d make an exception in your case and make it two ;) :lol: :wave:

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”