Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Promenade balcony cabins on Iona

Post by macca1914 »

Hi all

I've booked on Iona in April 2022 cruising to the fiords. I noticed on one of the many videos on Iona that there are balcony cabins on the promenade deck (deck 8). As passengers can walk around the ship on deck 8, there is very little privacy in your balcony cabin, as they can look in. I know some people may like to sit on their balcony and chat to passengers on the promenade, but it's not for. My cabin is guaranteed but how can I avoid being allocated this deck.

I've contacted my travel agent but not heard back. Has anyone heard about this?

Cheers

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Promenade balcony cabins on Iona

Post by Stephen »

I would chase up the travel agent macca1914.

This is why we always go for the option of choosing our cabin when booking. It costs more, yes, but we like to know exactly where we are going to be on the ship and not take a gamble.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

The balcony cabins on deck 8 are conservatory mini suites, so long as you have not chosen this grade you will be OK.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

No Towny, I've booked a deluxe balcony, so that's good 😎

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Word of warning to those in cabins along any promenade deck - in the twilight hours when you have a cabin light on those net curtains are see through. I remember taking our early evening dander around the promenade deck on Royal Princess (circa 2002) and ending up wanting to wash my eyes out using brillo pads. Some things you just can't un-see.

daveoc14
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by daveoc14 »

towny44 wrote: 14 Aug 2021, 08:28
The balcony cabins on deck 8 are conservatory mini suites, so long as you have not chosen this grade you will be OK.
No they are not. I was on the shakedown cruise and can confirm there are also many standard balcony cabins along the prom deck. Not sure if there are superior deluxe.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”