Disposable Vapes

Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
vulcanxh558
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Disposable Vapes

Post by vulcanxh558 »

Ok so im not entirely sure if this is the right place for this so please feel free to move it if you need to.

Im really struggling to find out about carrying disposable vaping bars on board the flight. I know there are rules about liquids and battery sizes but these are made and factory sealed so the only way to access the liquid and battery is to smash them open. My intention would be to carry them in hand luggage (as required) but still in the factory produced state, Ie in a sealed bag inside the original box. Its this make im wanting to take (not necessarily this flavour https://www.royalvapes.co.uk/products/i ... disposable)

I know there are countries in which these are banned and confiscated but the list I saw, our destinations werent on there. Im also fully aware that you can only vape in designated areas on board.

I want to take 5 with me, has anyone else taken these through security at an airport?

Thanks

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Disposable Vapes

Post by Kendhni »

No idea, but found this article which may help
https://www.misteliquid.co.uk/blog/trav ... h-an-ecig/

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

As an ex smoker I would suggest that you put them into the hold luggage but to take Nicorette type chewing gum in your coat pocket.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

… or better still the bin.

Topic author
vulcanxh558
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by vulcanxh558 »

Kendhni wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 06:49
No idea, but found this article which may help
https://www.misteliquid.co.uk/blog/trav ... h-an-ecig/
Thank you

lucareviz2233
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by lucareviz2233 »

I totally understand your worry about flying with disposable vapes. I had the same concern when I was flying to the UK last year. There was no way I was leaving without my favourite vapes. I just can't settle for anything else! So, I took two with me, packed in my hand luggage, still in their original boxes and everything. Honestly, I was a bit nervous going through airport security, imagining all sorts of scenarios. But to my surprise, it was a total non-issue.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Lucarvizz

I think Vulcan has given up smoking :) but just in case he hasn't this appears to be the up-to-date info about vape's and planes

https://www.vapesuperstore.co.uk/blogs/ ... with-vapes

Welcome to the forum

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

No idea what the difference is with Vapes, but some vapes makes the user looks like they are mimicking a steam engine with clouds of steam .
Don't worry, be happy

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Hopefully as an amusing aside…A few years ago our next door neighbour decided he would give smoking cigarettes and would use vapes to wean himself off tobacco in a staged reduction. Just after he started his vaping he came into our house and started to puff on his vape. At the time we were unsure of the etiquette- no one smoked in our house and we didn’t have guests who smoked - no ash trays etc. His vape produce didn’t clouds of vapour (I don’t recall it producing any) nor have a pungent/perfumed smell so we were not too bothered. After a while I did get a hint of a long forgotten scent. After a while it came to me…the early vapes smelled exactly like the Hornby train set (seuthe) smoke units that we always wanted (but could never afford) in the 1960s. I’m afraid the smoke on my locos was a sliver of cotton wool partially stuffed in the loco’s chimney.
Btw our neighbour still puffs away on his vape many years later.
Last edited by Ranchi on 10 Dec 2023, 06:37, edited 2 times in total.

sparkscruise
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sparkscruise »

I totally understand your worry about flying with disposable vapes. I had the same concern when I was flying to the UK last year. There was no way I was leaving without my favourite vapes. I just can't settle for anything else! So, I took two with me, packed in my hand luggage, still in their original boxes and everything. Honestly, I was a bit nervous going through airport security, imagining all sorts of scenarios.

But to my surprise, it went smooth. The security didn't even give them a second glance, which was a huge relief. I was only in the UK for a week, so two vapes were just enough. The whole experience made me realize how much I rely on my Lost Mary Flavors go-to vapes, especially when traveling. It's funny how we get attached to these little things, right?

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”