Cunard revising Dress codes

Topics that are specific to cruising

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cunard revising Dress codes

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Jo,

It seems your husband and mine have something in common - and therefore ties will be packed and worn!

It's probably just me, but if I was short of an outfit to wear for a specific evening, then I would bally well go and buy one. I am a fidget - I can't abide having to wear the outfit several times on a cruise; I certanly don't mind if someone wears the same evening dress (I suppose with a dj it is hard to tell), but it's not the way we like to do things. What a shame shoes are not on sale onboard!!!

Em :D

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

In January, on the QE, we noticed a group of passengers that were to be seen around the ship in shorts and T-shirts in the evenings, regardless of the code of the day. There weren't many of them - perhaps a dozen or so that we saw - but they were British and not foreign.

We wondered if maybe they'd booked late, as there was a very low priced Getaway available shortly before sailing, but of course they could well have booked right at release date. Whatever, it did look odd in the Queen's Room!
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Gill, The only time I've been in the Queen's Room is to check in for a tour - and I seem to have missed out doing that completely on QM2. I get onboard, have all these glorious plans - and then it all goes out of the window and stuff never gets done!

Meanwhile, we have had a couple of cruises with oriental passengers on nearby tables in the dining room - and oh those kimonos leave me quite jealous (and the sari outfits too).

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Boris+ wrote:
Hi Jo,

It seems your husband and mine have something in common - and therefore ties will be packed and worn!

It's probably just me, but if I was short of an outfit to wear for a specific evening, then I would bally well go and buy one. I am a fidget - I can't abide having to wear the outfit several times on a cruise; I certanly don't mind if someone wears the same evening dress (I suppose with a dj it is hard to tell), but it's not the way we like to do things. What a shame shoes are not on sale onboard!!!

Once upon a time on QE2 they did sell shoes.
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Now that's a lovely way to pass the time - looking at shoes. Not three bad at all.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”