Anyone in the know?

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Anyone in the know?

Post by barney »

A bit of a wild shot but has anyone heard anything about Azura having a refit next year?
I’ll tell you why I ask.
I booked the Azura relocation cruise from Malta to Tenerife via some new ports for us.
It’s mid October.
A saw on a cruise forum that someone said that Azura is in for a refit in October.
When checking the P&O brochure I realised that this cruise isn’t in there although it’s definitely on the website for sale.
So, anyone on here aware of any of this or is it internet BS ?
Empty vessels .. and all that

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Anyone in the know?

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I know she is overdue one that was cancelled during Covid.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Hi Barney.

As far as I’m aware , Azura had a refit in 2015 so would have been due in 2020 ? If they stick to the 5 year policy.? Due to COVID etc this would possibly have been put back. I do know that some work was carried out on her while in Weymouth bay in 2020. She had her emergency Batteries changed, our grand daughters partner worked on the job.
Mel

Topic author
barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cheers Merv &Screwy
The sales show no break but I suppose it’s possible that they could cancel the reposition cruise for maintenance.
We’ll wait and see.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Yes I think Screwy is right. They did some of the work that could be done afloat, but stuff that needed dry docking and/or shore side facilities got postponed.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Did Azura go to Belfast for an upgrade just before the resumption of cruising only to be canceled. Then she moved to Newcastle if my memory is correct. When we were on her earlier this year in the Caribbean there had been new carpets in the blue bar and other puplic places.
Don't worry, be happy

AngelIan
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by AngelIan »

Hello! It's always good to stay informed about your cruise plans. While I can't confirm the refit status, it's best to contact P&O Cruises directly or check their official announcements for the most accurate information. Internet rumors can be unreliable, so reaching out to the cruise line will give you the most up-to-date and accurate details regarding your Azura cruise. Enjoy your trip planning! Workers comp lawyer

Topic author
barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

AngelIan wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 09:17
Hello! It's always good to stay informed about your cruise plans. While I can't confirm the refit status, it's best to contact P&O Cruises directly or check their official announcements for the most accurate information. Internet rumors can be unreliable, so reaching out to the cruise line will give you the most up-to-date and accurate details regarding your Azura cruise. Enjoy your trip planning! Workers comp lawyer
No more trip planning AngelIan.
We're off next month :D :D :D

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum AngelIan :wave:

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”