An autumn update and vaccine policy change

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

An autumn update and vaccine policy change

Post by Official Autopost »

We are delighted that we are now cruising internationally. We work hand-in-hand with our partners in the destinations we visit and with the evolving guidance and entry requirements, we have had to update our vaccine and testing policies. Here’s P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow, to tell you more:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... text=false

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781/p ... 348055782/

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: An autumn update and vaccine policy change

Post by Stephen »

Great bit of video :sarcasm: . Paul Ludlow is obviously not looking his best.
Last edited by Stephen on 30 Sep 2021, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Also got another update from P&O about next years cruise and it looks the "fully vaccinated" message is being retained.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

The bit that I find confusing is
all guests of all ages will need to be fully vaccinated
Does this mean that all children will need to be vaccinated? If so how?

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

It seems P and O are out if step will government guidelines. Facebook posts saying parents with young children having their cruises cancelled. Not just the Caribbean fly cruises.
I thought children could have flow tests etc.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

It's very clear. The everyone vaccinated including children only applies to Carribean cruises. And has nothing to do with either our government or P&O, but destination rules. Sadly for those booked it effectively means young children cannot travel in those trips. But that's no excuse for some of the vile comments on Facebook groups.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 20:12
It's very clear. The everyone vaccinated including children only applies to Carribean cruises. And has nothing to do with either our government or P&O, but destination rules. Sadly for those booked it effectively means young children cannot travel in those trips. But that's no excuse for some of the vile comments on Facebook groups.
Why is it only you and I seem to be able read and understand these protocols Merv? :angel:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

The full text of the message I received was
We cannot wait to welcome you on board. As the global situation continues to evolve, we regularly review our protocols and policies. Now that we are sailing internationally, it's imperative that we work hand-in-hand with our regional partners and comply with their local protocols. As such, we've updated our vaccination and testing policy up to and including 27 March 2022 and it affects your holiday.

Given the long-haul destinations and the number of different countries visited combined with the current health protocols and entry requirements in the Caribbean, all guests (irrespective of age) must have completed their vaccination course at least 14 days prior to travel. This can either be two doses of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines or the approved single-dose Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (approved by the MHRA). A single dose of any other vaccine will not be accepted. All guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy.

If this update has any bearing on your booking, don’t forget we’ve our free flexible transfer policy which gives you the option of changing your booking as many times as you like, free of charge, up to 90 days before your holiday departs.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I'm don't mind saying I'm a bit confused why are some families with small children having their half term cruises on Iona cancelled by P and O then. Is it down to the country they will be travelling to ie Spain.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Whynd1 wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 08:23
I'm don't mind saying I'm a bit confused why are some families with small children having their half term cruises on Iona cancelled by P and O then. Is it down to the country they will be travelling to ie Spain.
P&O have set a limit of unvaccinated passengers on each cruise, so some bookings are being cancelled. But they dont seem to have asked the chosen ones if in fact their children will have been fully vaccinated.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

towny44 wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 09:27
P&O have set a limit of unvaccinated passengers on each cruise, so some bookings are being cancelled. But they dont seem to have asked the chosen ones if in fact their children will have been fully vaccinated.
If they're below a certain age (I don't know what that is because I don't need to) they won't have been vaccinated because they're outside the guidelines. So no need to ask.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 09:54
If they're below a certain age (I don't know what that is because I don't need to) they won't have been vaccinated because they're outside the guidelines. So no need to ask.
For Caribbean cruises everyone needs to be fully vaccinated, due to the protocols of the ports visited.
For european cruises over 18s need to be fully vaccinated under 18s need full vaccination or, or negative PCR test within 120 hrs of cruise.
John

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

towny44 wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 23:01
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 20:12
It's very clear. The everyone vaccinated including children only applies to Carribean cruises.
Why is it only you and I seem to be able read and understand these protocols Merv? :angel:
Because those on face cloth only see what they want to see..
And then blame P&O.
Don't worry, be happy

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

towny44 wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 10:42

For Caribbean cruises everyone needs to be fully vaccinated, due to the protocols of the ports visited.
For european cruises over 18s need to be fully vaccinated under 18s need full vaccination or, or negative PCR test within 120 hrs of cruise.
Yes I fully understand that. My point was that P&O don't need to ask parents of young children if they've been vaccinated because under current guidelines/rules they can't have been. I imagine it's these who have been selected for the chop. I assume they will be reminding those with children of an age eligible for the vaccine of their options. I.e. Jab or cancel.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 16:22
towny44 wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 10:42

Yes I fully understand that. My point was that P&O don't need to ask parents of young children if they've been vaccinated because under current guidelines/rules they can't have been. I imagine it's these who have been selected for the chop. I assume they will be reminding those with children of an age eligible for the vaccine of their options. I.e. Jab or cancel.
You're assuming that P&O actually check the ages of children before they bounce them off the cruise, apparently they don't even check if any children have had their jabs before sending the cancellation e-mails.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

John you're still missing my point. They know the ages of the children because you have to put it on your booking. And they know the young ones haven't been vaccinated because it's currently impossible.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 09:27
John you're still missing my point. They know the ages of the children because you have to put it on your booking. And they know the young ones haven't been vaccinated because it's currently impossible.
You are right Merv - you have to state kids ages when booking - P&O only allow so many children in each age group. Three and four berth family cabins are very popular especially during school holidays. Sounds as if the Christmas cruises will be virtually child free this year in the Caribbean - such a shame.
Janis

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Just received notification from my employer that ALL staff must be fully vaccinated before the end of the month (except under medical or religious grounds). It is made clear that there is no other option if you wish to stay with the company..

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Kendhni wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 07:29
Just received notification from my employer that ALL staff must be fully vaccinated before the end of the month (except under medical or religious grounds). It is made clear that there is no other option if you wish to stay with the company..
Your company is not headquartered in Florida then Ken!
John

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

No. They used to have an office in Florida, near Panama City beach, which I visited several times - lovely area.

Return to “Facebook Feed”