X602 Northern Lights

Oriana cruises in 2016

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

X602 Northern Lights

Post by JenniC »

Not posted on here for ages, party due to workload last year and then breaking my wrist on the Britannia Christmas cruise :o . Off on this one on Thursday, booked an outside as balcony cabins so expensive on Oriana and got email from P&O yesterday upgrading us to Deluxe Balcony.. Very happy. Will try and post a brief cruise report / pictures when I get back.. Has to be brief as right hand still not good for typing too much... hope you are all doing well. Jenni xx
Jenni

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: X602 Northern Lights

Post by Jan Rosser »

Have a great time ship mate ;) going to be a big cooler than our cruise in the Caribbean :lolno:
Janis

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hoping that you will actually get to see the famed northern lights - that would be unforgettable!

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Have a lovely time, Jenni and just go very carefully in any snow etc.

We will be very interested in any information on Oriana as we are going on her at the end of May and it is quite a while since we last went on her.

Maureen.

bizzylizzy
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bizzylizzy »

Just got back from Northern Lights, Weather fantastic, Lights appeared for us BUT once again the "Oriana Cough" was with us in avengance I would estimate that nearly every cabin had one case it was much worse than the last 2 cruses on dear old Oriana. Let's hope that the refit (when it comes) will get rid of what ever lurks in he "air con" and a system of fresh air can be installed.

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Just back and what a great time we had. We were exceptionally lucky to have a wonderful display of the lights on 1 March... just treasured the moment rather than try and take pictures, will remain one of the most magical experiences I have had. So thank you to P&O for a fantastic time, even Oriana, which I booked with a little trepidation exceeded expectations, yes she does badly need her refit :sarcasm: and we had a couple of plumbing and engine issues, but all dealt with efficiently. Cabin was clean and well looked after by our steward Floyd, food was good, service great and we met some lovely people :) We even escaped the cough and to be honest most people we met were OK. Some moaners on board as always, especially those who chose 2/3 for the lights trip as it was cloudy, I feel for them, but that is the luck of the draw ;) and they were visible from the ship on 1/3...
Jenni

sharoncrayden
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sharoncrayden »

Hi,
Just returned from same cruise. The cough took a huge grip on me and have had to have hospital treatment. Currently laid up with steroids, strong antibiotics and had nebuliser too. Day 8 now as I had it 4 days before Southampton. Has this happened before? I seem to be reading about it a lot on Oriana?

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

JenniC wrote:
Just back and what a great time we had. We were exceptionally lucky to have a wonderful display of the lights on 1 March... just treasured the moment rather than try and take pictures, will remain one of the most magical experiences I have had. So thank you to P&O for a fantastic time, even Oriana, which I booked with a little trepidation exceeded expectations, yes she does badly need her refit :sarcasm: and we had a couple of plumbing and engine issues, but all dealt with efficiently. Cabin was clean and well looked after by our steward Floyd, food was good, service great and we met some lovely people :) We even escaped the cough and to be honest most people we met were OK. Some moaners on board as always, especially those who chose 2/3 for the lights trip as it was cloudy, I feel for them, but that is the luck of the draw ;) and they were visible from the ship on 1/3...
Good to read a reasonably positive review about the condition of Oriana- I have read some absolute stinkers recently :shock: especially about the plumbing problems. Will obviously need to stock up on cough medicine as well.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Maureen

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

The Northern Lights cruise is one I really want to do

I reckon these ship coughs are endemic at this time of year.

Oceana was rife with hacking coughs. My husband caught it after 3 weeks, and got better, but then caught it again. I started coughing on our very last night. We've been home nearly a week, and neither of us are right yet.
Gill

Return to “Oriana Cruises 2016”