Cancelled Cruises

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cancelled Cruises

Post by david63 »

There is a rumor on Ventura, that currently is unsubstantiated, that P&O are cancelling cruises when the ships return to port.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cancelled Cruises

Post by Gill W »

Many cruise lines have cancelled all cruises until May, so I think the rumour mill is right on this occasion
Gill

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by gilly88 »

david63 wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 17:09
There is a rumor on Ventura, that currently is unsubstantiated, that P&O are cancelling cruises when the ships return to port.
is there? I am not surprised if this is true, they are being refused docking in Spanish ports, so I have read on their facebook web site, although this is from people on board one of their ships and not p &o official. I think they need to do this now as so many people are cancelling in light of what boris and co came up with yesterday. we were going to risk it in may, but I have now found out that my insurance will not be covering me any more due to my having "issues" and the risks attached to that. so we will have to cancel sometime next week I am giving their phone lines time to calm down a bit first. :crazy:
regards gilly.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

The situation has changed overnight with passengers leaving Britannia being told the ship is sailing back to Southampton. Arcadia passenger's being offered the chance to leave in Cape Town and fly home.
Oceana denied berthing in Spain and Aurora coming back to Southampton must mean that P and O are moving to a position of cancelling all the current schedule for the time being.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

My niece and her husband and friends flew out to Britannia yesterday from Birmingham to celebrate her 50th birthday - so disappointing - she was so excited. I think she will probably sail back and knowing her she’ll make the best of it - probably spend all the extra OBC on booze :lol: They will get extra compensation apparently 125% of cost - same as that being offered to us over 70’s. Imagine though going to fly this morning and cruise cancelled - surely now P&O must follow all the other companies.

I really feel for the worldies - so disappointing but their health is more important.
Janis

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by cruisin_duo »

We cancelled the current Aurora cruise within the 48 hours prior to sailing. So disappointing that the cruise has had to turn around, but as Jan has said health is more important.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Ventura's next cruise (Spain & Portugal) has now been confirmed as being cancelled

Bobbinalong
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bobbinalong »

Just unpacking,confirmed by text this morning.Ventura N004 cancelled.Port restrictions

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Update - niece has opted to sail home - she and her husband have been given extra £300 OBC each plus the £400 per cabin given by P&O to those passengers who opted to go on the cruise so £1000 to spend in a week on board - I predict they are going to have a good time spending it :lolno:
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Jan Rosser wrote: 14 Mar 2020, 20:16
Update - niece has opted to sail home - she and her husband have been given extra £300 OBC each plus the £400 per cabin given by P&O to those passengers who opted to go on the cruise so £1000 to spend in a week on board - I predict they are going to have a good time spending it :lolno:
:thumbup:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Bobbinalong wrote: 14 Mar 2020, 18:46
Just unpacking,confirmed by text this morning.Ventura N004 cancelled.Port restrictions

Welcome to the forum Bobbingalong, a shame it couldn't be under better circumstance.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Why are P and O letting you book cruises that are supposed to be sailing in the next few weeks.

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Whynd1 wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 08:38
Why are P and O letting you book cruises that are supposed to be sailing in the next few weeks.
Can't imagine why anyone would want to.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Whynd1 wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 08:38
I imagine they are trying to keep some sort of cash flow, and all new bookings are subject to a comprehensive cancellation policy, so maybe they are available for those who think the crisis might be over quickly.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Bobbinalong
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bobbinalong »

Thanks Stephen.Had a oceana cruise to Dubai cancelled recently,better luck next time,we hope.125% refund for our N004 cruise (cash or cruise credit)

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I’m really quite shocked that P&O haven’t yet take the only realistic action they can take, and cancel all sailings for at least one or 2 months (although this isn’t expected to peak until about June).

Also, for those under 70, they have not been open about the rights of their customers. Their T&C allow the customer to cancel their cruise if it’s going to be significantly different from what they booked. Indeed, the Package holiday regulations obligate them to do this.

Not everyone wants 125% FCC. It’s a poor show from P&O
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Just seen that QM2 has aborted its world cruise in Australia and is flying passengers home.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Having recently flown back from Oz i would rather take the more leisurely route but i do understand why.!!
Mel

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 13:46
Just seen that QM2 has aborted its world cruise in Australia and is flying passengers home.

Queen Victoria is abandoning it's WC too and QE is heading back to Southampton from Oz ... I assume without passengers.
Jo

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Where are they going to put all these ships coming back to the UK.

Cruise ship car park.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 15:28
Where are they going to put all these ships coming back to the UK.

Cruise ship car park.
Possibly off the Isle of Wight for a few of them so I will be able to go down and look longingly at them now that our next 2 cruises are cancelled. I suppose that will depend on whether we are allowed out or not :problem: As you drive up over Brading Down you can often see several cargo ships at anchor off the Island waiting their turn to go into Southampton to unload their cargo.

Maureen

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Some may stay in ports but I guess the majority will anchor off shore as the cargo ships do while awaiting loads to avoid port charges.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We have plenty of room on our driveway … just saying :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Between the pallets of bog rolls?