N128

Ventura cruises in 2021

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: N128

Post by towny44 »

MicheleW wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 19:23
Well, the new rules on returning to the UK from aboard have put a spanner in the works! Neither OH or I can self-isolate at home on our return waiting for our (hopefully) negative results - we are supposed to be back at work on 4th January! Don't know how this is going to pan out at all - if this is still a requirement when we go we will have to cancel.
If these are govt rules surely the self isolation period should be classed the same as sick leave?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Self isolate in a designated Hotel .... presumably ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

My neighbours opposite went off to Tenerife yesterday morning with no indication on the rule change.
They are retired so self isolation should not be a problem.
Empty vessels .. and all that

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 12:10
That's only for people returning from a Red list African country, all others just need to self isolate at home until they receive a negative result from their 2 day test.
John

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

towny44 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 15:14
That's only for people returning from a Red list African country, all others just need to self isolate at home until they receive a negative result from their 2 day test.
Who actually ensures that a test is taken within two days of return John?
Serious question.
I genuinely don’t know.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

barney wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 09:41
Who actually ensures that a test is taken within two days of return
I believe that it is something that you have to enter on your Passenger Locator Form which is completed online before your return. I doubt that all of the tests are followed up on, but if yours is randomly sampled and you cannot provide the result then a hefty fine will be coming your way.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Who actually ensures that a test is taken within two days of return John?
Serious question.
I genuinely don’t know.
I have no idea, but you need a ref number from your test providor to put on your PLF, and I assume your test providor has to make returns to some govt body which would show if any test result was missing.
So any audit could highlight your failure and lead to the fine being imposed.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

See #25 which states that is not an option in this instance.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

david63 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 10:06
Who actually ensures that a test is taken within two days of return
I believe that it is something that you have to enter on your Passenger Locator Form which is completed online before your return. I doubt that all of the tests are followed up on, but if yours is randomly sampled and you cannot provide the result then a hefty fine will be coming your way.
So, I assume that someone else takes responsibility for people like my opposite neighbour who is not online.
She doesn’t even have an email address or a smart phone. She uses an old Nokia on payg.
I suppose the holiday company help out?
It will be interesting to ask her on return.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 10:22
See #25 which states that is not an option in this instance.
MichelleW is only saying that they need to be back at work the day after they return, so self isolating will cause them problems, not that it is really impossible.
John

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Well, I've managed to wangle a couple of extra days off, but there is no guarantee the results would be back in time. We are still hoping the cruise changes to a sea or staycation. Just waiting on a decision from P&O - along with loads of others I'm sure.

Had a bit of a hiccup even before all these new rules came in when our normal dog-sitter couldn't have the dogs! Couldn't find anyone else and was seriously considering cancelling when fortunately managed to get them sorted. So nothing has been straightforward!

So just waiting for the next installment. Haven't booked car-parking yet - could have left that too late now!

Can't even start to think about shoes right now!

Michele

Nikkinackynoodles
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Nikkinackynoodles »

MicheleW wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 21:04
Well, I've managed to wangle a couple of extra days off, but there is no guarantee the results would be back in time. We are still hoping the cruise changes to a sea or staycation. Just waiting on a decision from P&O - along with loads of others I'm sure.

Had a bit of a hiccup even before all these new rules came in when our normal dog-sitter couldn't have the dogs! Couldn't find anyone else and was seriously considering cancelling when fortunately managed to get them sorted. So nothing has been straightforward!

So just waiting for the next installment. Haven't booked car-parking yet - could have left that too late now!

Can't even start to think about shoes right now!

Michele
This is our first cruise - as well as the first time we've travelled post Covid....agree with you Michelle that a staycation/ sea cruise - but have no idea how that works - I can see from Direct.gov https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... hip-travel that we wouldn't need the Passenger Locator Form (at time of writing - no changes re: CR test 2 days BEFORE arrival back in the UK) Is that even possible?! What a spanner - anyone who can help - greatly appreciated!!!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Nikkinackynoodles

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Here are a couple of useful links.

https://www.pocruises.com/?s_kwcid=AL!1 ... 93EALw_wcB

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence
Last edited by Stephen on 05 Dec 2021, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Nikkinackynoodles wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 14:29
This is our first cruise - as well as the first time we've travelled post Covid....agree with you Michelle that a staycation/ sea cruise - but have no idea how that works - I can see from Direct.gov https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... hip-travel that we wouldn't need the Passenger Locator Form (at time of writing - no changes re: CR test 2 days BEFORE arrival back in the UK) Is that even possible?! What a spanner - anyone who can help - greatly appreciated!!!
The test 2 days before arrival can be a lateral flow and would probably be administered on board ship.

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Welcome Nikkinackynoodles,

This is all a bit of a nightmare at the moment isn't it. Just hope we get some information soon from P&O as to what will be happening and then we might be able to look forward to the cruise and not stress about it so much!

Michele

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Question for all you tech experts out there. I've (very optimistically) tried to complete the PLF required for Belgium following helpful information on various sites - but I have failed where i have to enter a 6 digit SMS verification code and I have no idea what one of those is or how to go about getting one!

Any assistance gratefully accepted. Apparently we have to complete a form even if we don't intend getting off the ship!

Michele

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Are they asking for proof of your latest / booster jab and if so is it on the invite text re same ?

ps ... just a guess :angel:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Thanks for that David, but is specifically for Belgium and is not the same form. The link for the Belgium PLF form came from P&O along with the email about on-line check-in.

Regarding proof of jab MOB, I have a letter (that was all that was available in Wales when I had my jabs). Booster is today - hooray! Don't know how I go about getting proof of that at the moment!

Thanks anyway folks.

Michele

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Last edited by Stephen on 09 Dec 2021, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

MicheleW wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 12:31
Regarding proof of jab MOB, I have a letter (that was all that was available in Wales when I had my jabs). Booster is today - hooray! Don't know how I go about getting proof of that at the moment!

Thanks anyway folks.

Michele
My only proof is/are the NHS Cards, one for the first two jabs and another for the Booster ... by coincidence each has a 6 digit Batch Number on it ;) .

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Michelle

I live in Wales and have proof on the NHS Wales app.
The booster shows up as well.

Lindsey

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Manoverboard wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 13:10
My only proof is/are the NHS Cards, one for the first two jabs and another for the Booster ... by coincidence each has a 6 digit Batch Number on it ;) .
The cards alone are not acceptable as proof. You can ask the NHS to send you a letter (recommended by me) but be aware that this will not show any booster jabs.With the NHS app you can get a digital Covid pass that is valid for a month which you can leave on your device or download as a pdf copy or you can have a link emailed to you whereby youy can download a copy.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Out of interest does anyone know if the Astra Zeneca batches 4120Z001, 4120Z002, or 4120Z003 are now globally accepted. I remember stories a while back about people being turned away from the airport because one of their jabs was from these batches, but more lately countries have said they will accept them. I am guessing having a booster shot would also help.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I'm not sure but my first as was from one of those batches.
I havnt heard anything but then I'm not Intending to travel abroad for a while.
Wasnt it waiting for approval by the EU medical agency.

Lindsey

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2021”