A407 3 day Bruges round trip...

Azura cruises in 2014

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

A407 3 day Bruges round trip...

Post by JenniC »

14 of us on this one for hubbies 65th and two grandsons 18th birthdays. Managed to get 6 cabins on C Deck... So very happy.....
Jenni

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: A407 3 day Bruges round trip...

Post by Manoverboard »

I do hope that you are not going to make a lot of noise ... :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

As if.... we will maintain our dignity at all times and I will ensure they all behave in a manner I expect as a well brought up southern grammar school girl - except, of course, when we get p***ed :lol:
Jenni

cruisequeen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruisequeen1 »

Hi. I am on this cruise with my daughter. Was so looking forward to this mini cruise to Bruges, well that was until today. I found out today that there's a yearly event taking place the day we dock. It's a cycle race, BIG event. expected 100.000 visitors expected, besides all the competitors. The start point is in the Market Sq. Looking at some pics, it looks like the streets will be shut off, barriers etc. I can't believe that P&O have decided to do this trip on that day. I'm not absolutely sure about what exactly will be shut off etc, and any info would be much appreciated, not just for me but for all fellow cruisers. I have been trying to get more info ie: times etc. but with no luck. Maybe someone out there have been before and may be able to throw some light on this. At the mo we are so disappointed to say the least. Spent the last couple of weeks planning our time there. Hope someone can put me out of my misery and tell me what to expect, and hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm thinking. Help! :(

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

cruisequeen1 wrote:
Hi. I am on this cruise with my daughter. Was so looking forward to this mini cruise to Bruges, well that was until today. I found out today that there's a yearly event taking place the day we dock. It's a cycle race, BIG event. expected 100.000 visitors expected, besides all the competitors. The start point is in the Market Sq. Looking at some pics, it looks like the streets will be shut off, barriers etc. I can't believe that P&O have decided to do this trip on that day. I'm not absolutely sure about what exactly will be shut off etc, and any info would be much appreciated, not just for me but for all fellow cruisers. I have been trying to get more info ie: times etc. but with no luck. Maybe someone out there have been before and may be able to throw some light on this. At the mo we are so disappointed to say the least. Spent the last couple of weeks planning our time there. Hope someone can put me out of my misery and tell me what to expect, and hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm thinking. Help! :(
P&O seem to make a habit of this sort of thing. Our call at Venice last year was the day of the Venice marathon.

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Oh well, will have to find something else to do... Can't do much about it now so will make the best of it. Agree though very naughty of P&O
Jenni

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I'm sure you'll have a fab time Jenni with all the family - couldn't you smuggle me in your case - could do with another holiday :lol:
Janis

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Jan Rosser wrote:
I'm sure you'll have a fab time Jenni with all the family - couldn't you smuggle me in your case - could do with another holiday :lol:
Lol - I am sure Steve will still be looking over his shoulder though ;)
Jenni

cruisequeen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruisequeen1 »

JenniC wrote:
Oh well, will have to find something else to do... Can't do much about it now so will make the best of it. Agree though very naughty of P&O
Just to say since posting about cycle race in Bruges on 6th April. I have since found out, that the line up for the race starts around 9am and it will be very busy but by about 10 15, all cyclists and followers will have all gone. Apparently those following them will want to get ahead, so they leave on coaches to the next point of call. :D . We are going to take the train from Blankenburge to Bruges around 9am, then walk through Minnewater park and lake into the centre of Bruges. Hopefully by the time we arrive in the Market Sq, most of the crowd will have gone. Or could go earlier and join in the atmosphere. Not long now! :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Maybe you'll get run over by the bikes when they complete the circuit ,.,,,. splat :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Azura Cruises 2014”