Reports about cruises on Oriana

Topic author
Broadhurstbob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Oriana Baltic Cruise X311 June 9th

Post by Broadhurstbob »

Hi,
Only seven weeks to go, can't wait. Is there anyone else out there booked on to this cruise?

Regards
Bob and Helen B-)

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Oriana Baltic Cruise X311 June 9th

Post by oldbluefox »

Welcome aboard Bob.

I'm not on this cruise but I didn't like to see your post going unanswered. I feel sure somebody will be along shortly.

Topic author
Broadhurstbob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Broadhurstbob »

Thanks for that, think I might try and put a link on the P&O Facebook page.

Topic author
Broadhurstbob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Broadhurstbob »

To anyone watching this thread, there will be a cruise critic meet and greet on Monday 10th at 14:00 in the Crowsnest starboard side. :geek:

Topic author
Broadhurstbob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Broadhurstbob »

Oh well, just when you thought things were going ok........
The dreaded email from P&O advising that there is norovirus on board and embarkation will be delayed by 90mins whilst deep cleaning is completed.
Any passengers on the current cruise with any inside info?

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

Broadhurstbob wrote:
Oh well, just when you thought things were going ok........
The dreaded email from P&O advising that there is norovirus on board and embarkation will be delayed by 90mins whilst deep cleaning is completed.
Any passengers on the current cruise with any inside info?

Only just read this. We were on board for X310. The rumour factory was that about 200 pax had noro. We were on a table of 8 and no-one was affected. I think some of the crew had it as well. I say that because on one day, there were 2 photographers operating the tea and coffee machines in the Conservatory and an admin guy squirting the hand gel at the door. Al Fresco was shut about 5 or 6 days as it was being used to prepare meals for room service. All food and drinks in the Conservatory were served by staff. At Lisbon, extra cleaning staff were taken on board.

It was our first experience of noro being dealt with on board. All I can say is that there was a very high presence of staff cleaning, and although at times the way food was served in the Conservatory was a tad weary, it was all to prevent further illness. I'll take the weariness! As mentioned earlier, no-one on our table of 8 succumbed, so we must have been doing something right.

Oh, and we had a great cruise!!

Topic author
Broadhurstbob
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Broadhurstbob »

Got back Sunday, when we boarded the ship was in lock down, the Conservatory was shut and there was a BBQ by the Riviera pool, smart move. As the cruise progressed the sanctions eased, even to the point that the public toilet doors were no longer wedged open. We didn't hear of any NV, and had a great cruise.

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”