N319 - Ventura to the Canaries

Ventura cruises in 2013

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

N319 - Ventura to the Canaries

Post by Jan Rosser »

Anyone else on countdown? Four weeks tomorrow and I will be traveling down to Southampton to meet my son, daughter-in-law, my two granddaughters and DIL's parents for our cruise to the Canaries :thumbup: :clap:

The girls are so excited (as is my son ;) ) they are off to the Trafford Centre tomorrow for last minute shopping - they've been trying on holiday clothes and a few more dresses are needed :roll:

I've got a trip to Bruges next week and the following week visiting my other son in Luxembourg so packing won't start for a few weeks yet - busy times ahead :crazy:
Janis

Rachel223
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: N319 - Ventura to the Canaries

Post by Rachel223 »

I am also on this cruise! I cant wait.

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thought it was just me and the family sailing - welcome Rachel :wave:

The shopping trip to the Trafford centre went well although my son says he almost lost the will to live with the girls trying on so many clothes :lol: they both had new dresses and shoes - he didn't have anything :(

Packing today for my trip to Bruges tomorrow :thumbup:
Janis

Rachel223
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rachel223 »

Would be nice to have the ship to yourself! I am sailing with my mum dad and sister, I turned 20 in April so hope there are some people my age!

As long as the girls have the clothes, thats the priority haha!

Hope you have a lovely time in Bruges!

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Hi there. Myself and hubby are on this cruise also. This is the 2nd time we have sailed to the Canary Islands on Ventura. :D

Rachel223
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rachel223 »

Hi :)
This will be my third time on Ventura but I have never been to the Canary Islands, I am so excited!
Which is your favourite port that we will be visiting?

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Hi Rachel, My favourite port is Madeira. Have had several land holidays here and a few cruise stops. I also like Lanzarote and Gran Canaria as we like to go to the beaches here. You musn't miss the sail in or sailaway under the bridge at Lisbon, you think the ship is going to hit the bridge :lol:

Rachel223
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rachel223 »

Cant wait! Got out the suitcase today...not long now!

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Just got back today from Bruges - unpacking and washing to do then packing for visit to my son in Luxembourg on Thursday 11th - July is unbelievably busy for me :crazy:

Had a great time - eat and drank too much - in training for cruise :sarcasm:

I'll be travelling back next Sunday from Luxembourg then having just two weeks at home before the cruise on the 27th - I'm up and down the attic for different size cases - worn out - I will have done the Eurostar the plane and then the ship all in one month - I'm sure there's a song there somewhere - I'm going to have to google it to find out who sang it ;)

Happy days :thumbup:

:wave:
Janis

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Hi Jan

Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, I think :)

Good luck with packing. :wave:

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Well one week to go - everyone excited - must start packing :roll:

Although we are enjoying fabulous weather here I am so looking forward to cruising with the family again - my granddaughters are so excited :) I know the ship will be full of children as it is the school holidays and I do remember last time thinking thank goodness I now have the choice to travel at any time of year but the chance to spend time with them is well worth it and to see them enjoying themselves so much is magical :thumbup

So fellow travellers how are you all - busy packing - excited - I am :clap:
Janis

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Yes, excited here too :D I have started to sort out some clothes but daughter is staying for the weekend and needs the spare room/bed where I lay my clothes out, so will have to wait until after the weekend. I finish work on Tuesday so will have plenty of time to get organised after that. Roll on Friday morning when we leave for Southampton. :)

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Wilson when I read your post I panicked for a moment but presume you are staying in Southampton on Friday night and will be on the ship nice and early on Saturday morning - lucky you. I will be travelling from S. Wales on Saturday morning and meeting the family there - they are travelling down by Eavesway from the North West.

I've got the cases down from the attic and the clothes ready to pack but will leave it for a few days. Five sleeps to go although probably won't sleep on Friday night - too excited :roll:

Safe journey everyone :wave:
Janis

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Safe journey to you too. :D

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Jan, read your cabin review and it looks like we weren't the only ones who had interrupted sleep. I saw where your cabins were as I noticed they were an addition from when I last sailed on Ventura. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise, we certainly did but just wish I had kept my original cabin. :(

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2013”