x314

Reports about cruises on Oriana

Topic author
poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

x314

Post by poole boy »

we have just got back from x314 on Oriana it was a 10 day Iberian coast cruise it was our best cruise ever we thought Oriana was a great ship and could find no fault with her the food was excellent much better than on arcadia last year.
the weather was fantastic and the bay of Biscay was flatter both ways than poole park lake, the entertainment was varied and enjoyed by everybody we spoke to.
the staff were very friendly and helpful.
there were a lot of younger passengers on board 30 to 40 on there first cruise all we spoke to said they were on getaway fares as was everybody on our table of 6 and they were the best table companions we have had yet brilliant fun we were in the crows nest until at least one o’clock every night.
This holiday confirmed to us exactly why we love going with p&o so much as we could not find fault with it, and cannot wait to get back on-board Oriana again next march

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: x314

Post by oldbluefox »

Thanks for your report poole boy. I must admit Oriana is not my favourite ship but pleased to hear you had enjoyed her. Interesting that there were quite a number of younger people onboard and the number of people taking advantage of Getaway fares. I imagine quite a number of people are now holding back for Getaway fares to come out (me included).

Welcome back! :wave:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I am very pleased to hear that Graham.

Our own latest experiences on Oriana, bar the food, were a tad grim and a large number of formal complaints were made at that time. It was subsequently rumoured that a few ' staff ' changes were made as a consequence, if true it sounds as though P&O took notice of everybody and you have had the benefit, hope so.

:clap:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

mob I can only say from what we seen the ship was spotless you could not get in the conservatory or dinning room without using the hand gel any body who tried was chased until they did and that was on every day of the cruise just as strict on the last day as first.
the handrails in the corridors and stairs were washed every day and the walls in the corridors washed every couple of days if it was due to your complaints thank you very much

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

:lol: ... our heart felt complaint was but one of about 400 on that fated cruise I would have said.

On a serious note, I am extremely pleased to discover that the cleanliness has improved.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks for thar report. We will be boarding in 11 days. Looking forward to it.

Sue

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise and I'm also glad to hear something positive about the Oriana. Our next cruise is booked on this ship she's my second favourite. :D

Topic author
poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

hiEmjay
we have been on oceana arcadia artemis and Oriana although we will not go on the big ships Oriana was superb we could not fault it in any way and it is by far my wife's favourite ship after reading some of the reviews about this ship we did worry about what it would be like but either these reviews were over the top or a lot has been done on-board you could not even take a used plate back in the conservatory for more food you had to use new plates every time and within 2mins of finishing your food the table was cleared never had such good service on any other boat.
the captain and staff were all friendly and welcoming and as I said in my earlier report every handrail was washed properly every morning I use a walking stick due to health problems and as soon as I entered the food area a waiter would ask me if he could help they carried my tray for me I told them what I wanted and they served it and then carried my tray to our table and they did this for everybody who had problems excellent service and I cannot praise them enough.

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

I must admit that although I have a preference for the Aurora. When we were on the Oriana last year we found the crew and staff to be much happier. There was a definite atmosphere on the Aurora this year amongst the staff, they certainly didn't seem as relaxed or happy. My biggest concern was the cleanliness and you've put my mind at rest. :D

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”