Azura A310N (27/4/13) W Med.

Azura cruises in 2013

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Azura A310N (27/4/13) W Med.

Post by Romig1 »

We are on this one - our first time on Azura, though we have done a mini-cruise on Ventura which eased our worries about the size of the ship.

Can't wait for the cruise, and trying out the select dining options - Atul is due to be on this cruise too, so plenty of swooning by Wina, no doubt! ;)

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Azura A310N (27/4/13) W Med.

Post by Romig1 »

The trips are on the CP now too! :D

Got to decide which P&O tour to take to Rome, as we've not been before. Don't want to DIY it completely, but are weighing up the other options.

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

Hi we ve just had a look at the trips and booked a couple.. Like you we dont want to DIY everyday. Not long to go now.. roll on April.. Jill

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

Hi, we're on this cruise as well. We did a similar cruise last April and found onboard there were two trips available that were not in the personaliser. One was a Rome on your own by train which is a quicker way into Rome and the other was the one we did which was called something like 3 of the best. We were taken by coach to the coliseum for about 1 hr then to the centre for a few hours where we went on foot to trevi, Spanish steps etc. Finally to the Vatican for a couple of hours. We had a guide with us but basically she just directed us to things and we were sort of doing our own thing. Was a good option and was quite cheap compared to some of the others, I think about £48 each. A tip for anyone with a wheelchair going to the Vatican, you don't need to queue with the massive line you just go more or less up to the front, there's loads of people directing you. We were inside within 10 mins of arriving. Hope this helps a bit. If anyone's interested i can have a dig around for some of the literature from last cruise. See you soon.

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Thanks for that Phantom Menace.

I asked for Rome trip hints on this board and was told about that "3 of the best" tour, by Lulucat. We've decided to wait until we are onboard before booking a trip, and hope that one will be available as an option.

JohnTheDog
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by JohnTheDog »

We did the "essence of Rome", a very full 11 hour day leaving at 7am, fully guided & we thought good value, though expensive at about £100 each. My only downside was too long for us in the Vatican.
Azura is a great ship but my tip is if you want to use the Retreat book as soon as you board, same for 17 if you wish to dine there. We loved the options on dining & Entertaiment venues. Our first try at freedom dining & it suited us really well, oh yes DO try the Italian that is in the buffet in the evening, don't be put off by the pager system it really isn't a problem.

pusskat
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by pusskat »

We are on this one too and we were thinking of doing the 'Rome on your own' , but I've since found a site called cruising excursions and their Rome on your own is £30 each, which seems alot cheaper than the p&o one which is around £45 each. Has anyone used this company?

Anna W1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Anna W1 »

We have been to Rome a number of times, a couple with P&O, have done Rome on your own and find that we have the time to do our own thing and with the assurance that we will get back to the ship on time with their tour operator. Have also experienced in a number of ports that we have been late back due to traffic etc but they do wait for their own tours. To us its worth that bit extra.

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”