Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Popeye The Sailorman
Third Officer
Third Officer

What to do in Tangiers

Post by Popeye The Sailorman »

Hi all
We are visiting Tangiers on our next cruise and wanted to know what it's like? Any tips
on what to go and see/do etc would be greatly appreciated..

Steve 8-)

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: What to do in Tangiers

Post by Meg 50 »

I found a city walk in a guide book from the library - it started near the dock and took in the old town.

Was it good?

Dunno - we hit a force 12 and didn't dock.

this was all we could see in that direction - A ship called Evergreen - could have rather appropriate in the circumstances of doing a u turn in the middle of the Gibraltar straits in a force 12!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meg
x

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Hi Steve
We were in Tangiers last October whilst on Adonia. As it was our first visit there we took a city tour, most of which was a walk through the Casbah. Provided we berth in the same place it is a very short walk to get into the city and its quite compact.
Regards
Colin

Topic author
Popeye The Sailorman
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Popeye The Sailorman »

Meg that sounds horrible (force 12 in the straits).. City walk sounds good Colin.. was that a P&O guided tour?

I have been reading lot's of reviews of Tangiers and more often than not they are not very positive, especially
if you want to wander around on your own.. Not sure I want to buy a carpet or some whacky baccy :crazy: haha

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Yes Steve, it was a P & O tour, part by coach but mostly walking. It's very easy to get into the main part of the city and I must say it felt quite safe during the waking part. Of course you have the usual street sellers but they were no problem.

Return to “Europe”