Reports about cruises on Oriana

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Oriana X507 - Disembarkation Day

Post by MicheleW »

DISEMBARKATION DAY
Woke about 6.20am to find we weren’t far off the QEII terminal. Checked the bill and there was still £2.20 unspent, but too late now! Also had the confirmation of our FCD which we paid yesterday. Finished the packing and rushed down to the Peninsular restaurant for breakfast. Whilst at breakfast they made the announcement that the air bridge was now secured and passengers who were self-disembarking could proceed ashore. So we went back up to the cabin grabbed our bags and by 8.00am we were in the car and on our way home. After a short stop to get some essential provisions, (remembering the shops are all shut Easter Sunday), we were home and unpacked with the first load of washing in by 12.30.

Shoes worn 1: sensible flat metallic pair.

So after a bad start we thoroughly enjoyed our time on Oriana. The staff were brilliant under very trying conditions, the weather wasn’t great by any means, but we made sure we got the most out of our suite (which we won’t be able to afford again unless we win the lottery!), had all our drinks paid for and came home with 2 bottles of champagne. And all for half-price! :D A very memorable 20th anniversary! (For us as well as Oriana!)

PS. Have just realised that I actually took 11 pairs of shoes with me and wore 10 of them. The only pair I didn’t get to wear were my trainers, which I take for my early morning laps of the promenade deck, which I didn’t get to do this time as we lost our sea day!

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Oriana X507 - Disembarkation Day

Post by oldbluefox »

MicheleW wrote:
The only pair I didn’t get to wear were my trainers, which I take for my early morning laps of the promenade deck, which I didn’t get to do this time as we lost our sea day!
Shame on you! :lol:

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”