Our Trip to Guatemala (visiting our Daughter)

Post your non cruising holiday ideas/plans/questions/reviews here

Topic author
Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Our Trip to Guatemala (visiting our Daughter)

Post by Happydays »

This is my first attempt at writing a review so be gentle to me:) actually this is the second time of writing this and I messed up David did try to help me but I'm a moron for IT so here goes.......
Day 1
Checked our dog into Kennels on the way to Edinburgh airport she went away wagging her tail. At the airport we used "fast track" through security nice and easy (worth £4.50pp) Had lunch and a couple of drinks. The flight was on time and landed slightly early, then we had a hick-up when checking into the hotel discovered that my husband had lost his glasses! NOT for the first time he leaves them in his wake cruise ships, hotels tours etc.
Day 2
Early start for the Heathrow - Guatemala City (via Houston) flights. After check-in and security went to Boots to buy ready reader glasses for my husband that done we went for breakfast. We flew with "United" and the flight to Houston was quiet some people were stretching across three seats we didn't bother. We had to go through USA immigration and security (although only in-transit) it was very busy, hardly any desks open it took over 1hr45mins found a bar to get something to eat and drink to revive us after the hassle.
Our Our daughter said she would meet us in Guatemala City so we treated her to the same hotel as us it was very nice. We got rooms near each other then went for a drink in one of the bars for a chat and decided what to do the next day.
Day 3
Met our daughter for breakfast then out for sight seeing. Went to the National Museum Archaeology, We had tapas for lunch then went to the Cathedral, Grand Palace and main Square then returned to the hotel for a nap(it's hard work!) Our Daughter had done her homework and took us to a nice restaurant near by for dinner then returned to the hotel for drinks ( I know a theme here) before bed.
Day 4
We had a private transfer from Guatemala City to Lanquin hostel where our Daughter stays and works. First time in a hostel and pleasantly surprised, she had arranged of us to have (one of the) private accommodation and bathroom it was basic but clean with a private terrace with a hammock and seating fantastic views over the hillside and sown to the river. we went to our room to sort out our luggage as she had sent us a wish list of things she would like us to take out then we had dinner and drinks.
Day 5
Had a relaxing day by the infinity pool there was also a Jacuzzi which was very welcome. After lunch we went down to the river and watched some people "tubing". In the evening we had dinner and drinks at the hostel,I had some cocktails these hostelers know whats what!

Shall try and submit this! TBC

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Our Trip to Guatemala (visiting our Daughter)

Post by oldbluefox »

Well done Happydays. Hopefully there is more for us to look forward to. :thumbup:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: Our Trip to Guatemala (visiting our Daughter)

Post by qbman1 »

Good work HappyD

I'm so ignorant, I always think of Guatemala like the wild west ! Nice to get a first-hand impression

Return to “Non Cruise Holidays”