E710C

Oceana cruises in 2017

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

E710C

Post by bassman67 »

Just booked this one today. It will be our first fly-cruise to the Med with P&O and our 3rd cruise on Oceana. Haven't been aboard since the last refurb, so we'll be looking for the "improvements". I've been looking in vain for our old favourite - the Horizon Grill. Has it been replaced with a burger bar?
can anyone tell me the departure times for 2016 flights from LGW for Med fly cruises? There's nothing yet for 2017, but I'm assuming the timings will be similar.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: E710C

Post by CaroleF »

We are off to Oceana in a few weeks. Our flight from LGW is 11.30am but next year Oceana will be in Malta so this year's timings may not be of any help. We are flying with BA as I assume the charter flights (Thomson, Thomas Cook) were full. The BA flight has the advantage of a much better luggage allowance but the downside is that we have to collect our cases at Genoa, they don't get taken straight to the ship.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

The Horizon Grill is still there, but it's now a Beach House
Gill

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

CaroleF wrote:
We are off to Oceana in a few weeks. Our flight from LGW is 11.30am but next year Oceana will be in Malta so this year's timings may not be of any help. We are flying with BA as I assume the charter flights (Thomson, Thomas Cook) were full. The BA flight has the advantage of a much better luggage allowance but the downside is that we have to collect our cases at Genoa, they don't get taken straight to the ship.
It seems that flight details are not available until 180 days before departure, so we can't book an overnight stay at Gatwick yet.
I hope that you enjoy the overall experience, Carole. If you can find the time to tell us about the latest Oceana refurbishments, it would be much appreciated. For instance, the cabin diagrams all seem to show "walk-in" wardrobes now, but the videos are still as before.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Will do but I think you'll find that some of the diagrams on the site and in the brochure do not apply to all ships. For example if you look at the cabin diagram of a mini suite on Oceana that only applies to the midship minis, the aft mini suites are completely different and larger with much larger balconies. Nowhere on the P&O site or on the Virtual Tour of Oceana does it make it clear about the differences. I would be very surprised if all the wardrobes have been changed to "walk in" ones.

Libralass54
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Libralass54 »

The Beach House is a Supplement restaurant at night with dressed tables and waiter service, and as you say 'a burger bar ' in the day. Only £5 supplement in the evening, I had a 'cook your own steak on a hot lava stone' when I was on, in June. It was my 3rd cruise on oceana, but 1st fly cruise, loved it so much have booked her again flying to Malta in June 2017 to do the Greek Islands. Flight was great, no cases seen until your cabin, onboard eating lunch by 1.30pm my time 2.30pm Venice time, which is quicker than Southampton for some now!

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

bassman67 wrote:
Just booked this one today. It will be our first fly-cruise to the Med with P&O and our 3rd cruise on Oceana. Haven't been aboard since the last refurb, so we'll be looking for the "improvements". I've been looking in vain for our old favourite - the Horizon Grill. Has it been replaced with a burger bar?
can anyone tell me the departure times for 2016 flights from LGW for Med fly cruises? There's nothing yet for 2017, but I'm assuming the timings will be similar.

make sure you take notes (particularly Ravenna)- we're doing an ex Malta fly cruise a bit after you.

we're hoping the return flights are sensible times - we have to go to Leeds for a wedding next morning!
Meg
x

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Libralass54 wrote:
The Beach House is a Supplement restaurant at night with dressed tables and waiter service, and as you say 'a burger bar ' in the day. Only £5 supplement in the evening, I had a 'cook your own steak on a hot lava stone' when I was on, in June. It was my 3rd cruise on oceana, but 1st fly cruise, loved it so much have booked her again flying to Malta in June 2017 to do the Greek Islands. Flight was great, no cases seen until your cabin, onboard eating lunch by 1.30pm my time 2.30pm Venice time, which is quicker than Southampton for some now!
This option has an extra supplement, well it did on Oriana recently, BUT it is well worth the extra, IMO. On Oriana it's just the conservatory during the day, no burger bar, thankfully!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Only 6 days to go before flying out to join Oceana in Malta. I'll file a cruise report on our return.

Return to “Oceana Cruises 2017”