B636 - Caribbean Festive Season Cruise 2016

Britannia cruises 2016

Topic author
Mundiz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

B636 - Caribbean Festive Season Cruise 2016

Post by Mundiz »

My wife Jackie and I (Paul) have booked the B636 Caribbean Festive Season Cruise on the Britannia. We are both extremely excited about this and we have started counting the days already. We have only been on two cruises before, one of which was to the Caribbean on Oceana in November 2003. I loved the cruise but was very disappointed with the weather as it was mostly windy and rained nearly every day. What weather should we expect over the Christmas period?

I would like to say a big hello to all of the other passengers on this cruise and look forward to meeting and speaking to some of you. :wave:
Always remember you're unique, like everyone else.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: B636 - Caribbean Festive Season Cruise 2016

Post by qbman1 »

We have spent two Christmases in the Caribbean in the past 3 or 4 years (on Arcadia and Aurora) and have always had excellent mainly dry and warm, sunny weather throughout. You were clearly unlucky on your previous visit but you will find that you can catch the tail end of the hurricane season in November so, unless you are desperately unlucky, Christmas should be fine!

We did a Ship Visit to Britannia on Tuesday this week and I am sure you will enjoy the cruise.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Have a great time mate and go with the flow :wave:
Empty vessels .. and all that

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Paul and Jackie :wave:
I did the Christmas cruise on Britannia last year and had a fabulous time - I am so jealous of you - you will have a wonderful time I'm sure. I travelled with my son and family and his in-laws plus two friends I met on this forum - we had such a good time - personally I loved Britannia and in fact am going on her in January 2017 so you make sure you look after her ;)

The weather can be a bit dodgy in November (end of hurricane season) but although we had the odd shower the majority of the time it was hot and sunny.
Janis

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Weather was lovely in Barbados, Blod, shame you were still sleeping off the night before and missed our date!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

qbman1 wrote:
Weather was lovely in Barbados, Blod, shame you were still sleeping off the night before and missed our date!
I still dream about it though - what might have been over a Banks beer ;)
Janis

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Never fear, dear heart....there's still time !!

Topic author
Mundiz
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mundiz »

I didn't really understand the communications between Jan Rossiter and qbman1 but hey ho. Is there any way of finding out what the Entertainment is for this cruise? We can book tables in some of the venues but are not informed of who is appearing where.
Always remember you're unique, like everyone else.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Ignore us - just a lover's tiff !

Afraid the entertainment list is not published in advance of any particular cruise so you have the element of surprise to look forward to!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Mundiz wrote:
I didn't really understand the communications between Jan Rossiter and qbman1 but hey ho. Is there any way of finding out what the Entertainment is for this cruise? We can book tables in some of the venues but are not informed of who is appearing where.
Hi Mundiz - some of us on the forum like to have a bit of fun - I'm Welsh hence the nickname Blod :roll:

I've met some of the members of this forum but most of them are what you'd call "virtual friends" with a shared sense of humour - QB is one of them :crazy:
Janis

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Mundiz wrote:
Hi Mundiz - some of us on the forum like to have a bit of fun - I'm Welsh hence the nickname Blod :roll:

I've met some of the members of this forum but most of them are what you'd call "virtual friends" with a shared sense of humour - QB is one of them :crazy:
You mean I have to share your affections? :o

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Until 3/4 years ago we went to the Caribbean for Xmas for nearly thirty years and always had wonderful weather, you might get the odd shower but as the locals say it is 'liquid sunshine' and they are few and far between .. you will have a fabulous time.
Jo

Return to “Britannia Cruises 2016”