Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Arcadia J618 Iberia cruise

Post by Whynd1 »

Just a short report on this cruise.

Weather superb until we reached Tunis, when later in the day the captain left early for Cadiz, only 90 miles or so and we were in two cities in one day and also two continents, Africa and Europe. In Cadiz it rained but Lisbon was dry until the afternoon enabling us to sit outside with a coffee and the lovely Portuguese custard tart.

Cabins okay but B deck forward where we were was plagued all cruise by plumbing problems, mainly the toilets. The plumber was always on our deck working on the system. The cabin steward was fed up about it as well.

The changed menus did not appeal to me at all and I struggled some nights to find something I liked. I am allergic to shellfish so cannot have a lot of the fish dishes so have decided to declare my allergy next time in the hope that they will be able to change the sauce with the fish. When the roast beef was served there was only one slice on the plate as opposed to three when we were on last July.

However we ate in the Ocean grill twice and also Sindu once in the evening and once at lunchtime. This was a new thing just being trailed and was only £7.50 for three courses and was well attended, it ran for just the last two days of the cruise and was very enjoyable.

One thing we did notice was that the entertainment team seemed to have less members than before we never saw Jon Bartram all cruise. Quizzes in the evening were at 7.45 so no good for those on first sitting for dinner. Cannot comment on the evening entertainment in the theatre as we did not go but it was said the both comedians told the same jokes and members of the audience complained quite loudly.

An enjoyable break before the winter and now have quite a long time before my next cruise on Aurora.

Lindsey

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Arcadia J618 Iberia cruise

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote:
Sindu once in the evening and once at lunchtime. This was a new thing just being trailed and was only £7.50 for three courses and was well attended, it ran for just the last two days of the cruise and was very enjoyable.
Let's hope that continues as a lack of lunchtime venues is one of the major weaknesses of Arcadia.
Whynd1 wrote:
we never saw Jon Bartram all cruise
Some might say that is a plus point.

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Sindhi was also a venue for lunch on the last couple of days on Aurora last week.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks for the report Lindsey. 4 weeks until we are back on Arcadia. I thought the new menus were getting a positive feed back. I read on another forum that there was a new Headliners show. They just need another 7 new ones now.

Welcome back

Sue

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”