Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

P&O Autumn Offers

Post by david63 »

Do P&O never learn?

Another attempt at misleading advertising - in today's email about the Autumn offers it states
AND
save £98pp~ from May 2019
when we remove Service Charge
based on a 14 night holiday
Does this mean that from May 2019 that prices are going to fall? Of course it doesn't.

If, as allegedly, many do not pay the service charge then how are they going to save anything?

After the debacle of the 10%/5% last month I would have thought that they would check what is being sent out - but then again "pigs might fly"!!

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: P&O Autumn Offers

Post by towny44 »

It seems that the special deal is a £50 deposit plus a bit extra OBC, although unless you had checked every cruise price last Friday you're not going to know if you really are getting more.
Seems that P&O are getting desperate to fill their ships, which means late saver deals, for those that can book them, could become very cheap.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 08:45
the special deal is a £50 deposit
per cabin (don't know what it is for a suite :roll: ) - I wonder at that level of deposit how many cancellations there will be come final balance payment.
towny44 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 08:45
Seems that P&O are getting desperate to fill their ships
That was my thought
Last edited by david63 on 29 Oct 2018, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I've just had a look at the cruises we've already booked. On both cruises our grade of cabin has sold out so no real comparison. By far the majority of offers are on fly cruises and having just done one I'm not keen on doing another. As I said in my review, there doesn't seem to be any more 14 night cruises on Oceana as they all seem to be just 7 night cruises and you choose how many 7 nights you want to do. I agree the whole thing about saving the money for the gratuities presupposes that people pay them in the first place and if everyone did they wouldn't be doing away with them. I haven't seen anything in the offers that tempts me to try to persuade John to do another P&O cruise, other than the two we already have booked, one in September 2019 and one in July 2020. In fact I'll even say something I thought I'd never say - I'm beginning to wish we hadn't booked the July 2020 cruise as we received a really good offer to do a Oceania cruise - Southampton to Southampton in 2020 but as we've already got the P&O one booked I don't think I'll be able to persuade John to try that as well! Close friends went on Oceania's Marina earlier this year and they came back full of praise and longing to do another. Maybe our P&O days are numbered - never thought I'd say that either.

Carole

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

david63 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 08:35
Do P&O never learn?

Another attempt at misleading advertising - in today's email about the Autumn offers it states
AND
save £98pp~ from May 2019
when we remove Service Charge
based on a 14 night holiday
Does this mean that from May 2019 that prices are going to fall? Of course it doesn't.

If, as allegedly, many do not pay the service charge then how are they going to save anything?

After the debacle of the 10%/5% last month I would have thought that they would check what is being sent out - but then again "pigs might fly"!!
And the many who remove the auto tips will deserve all they get. NOTHING. Excellent advertising and wonderful offer.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Return to “P&O”